Official Matamp/vintage-Orange/Electric owners thread

BlackHive

• Members

As of last week, I am the proud owner of a Matamp Little Rock bought from a fellow forumite. 4-Watts of tube goodness. I am still getting to know it but I am loving its clean and mid gain tones. I like the 2nd and 3rd position (from the right) of the 6-way voicing switch. I turn the volume knob up just enough to get some hair on the tone to give it some life and just live on that setting. I have Tung-Sol 12ax7's in it at the moment.

MatampLittleRock001.jpg

MatampLittleRock002.jpg

MatampLittleRock003.jpg

MatampLittleRock004.jpg

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The new Matamp 2 by 12 Retro picture frame cab arrived yesterday.

jedistar_2channel.jpg
Two channel rig:
A/B switch
Clean side = THD Univalve with an EL 34 in the power section and Matamp Retro picture frame 2 by 12 with Vintage 30s.

Dirty side = Orange Tiny Terror + Matamp single 12 with Celestion G12T75 and Krank Rev Jr single 12 cab with an Eminence inside.

• Members

I miss this much but I am still waiting for its replacement to get here (pick it up next weekend) so seeing the pics makes me nostalgic for oh a week and a half ago. I liked the clean side high volume to get the power tubes driving seriously and make it growl. I really need to soundproof my garage so I can get a bunch of amps like this (OR BIGGER) and not shake the house.

Glad you are liking.

As of last week, I am the proud owner of a Matamp Little Rock bought from a fellow forumite. 4-Watts of tube goodness. I am still getting to know it but I am loving its clean and mid gain tones. I like the 2nd and 3rd position (from the right) of the 6-way voicing switch. I turn the volume knob up just enough to get some hair on the tone to give it some life and just live on that setting. I have Tung-Sol 12ax7's in it at the moment.

MatampLittleRock001.jpg

MatampLittleRock002.jpg

MatampLittleRock003.jpg

MatampLittleRock004.jpg

• Members

I love the Diabolical Matter Disorganizer...mate with the Fuzz Burglar it's all I need...

I'll record some clips of my Sunn's...it's rowls good with the help of a Bass Muff

I wich I could afford Electrics Amps or Matamp but for now I'm pretty happy with my Sunn's!

I guess I'll get rid of my Muff's if I can get to use the Fuzz of an Electric Amps...pure tube rowling.

The matter disorganizer sounds interesting ! Nothing wrong with Sunns, looking forward to the clips.

• Members
Does anyone have any specific info about the amp that the guy from Ocean Chief uses? I love his sound.

On their Myspace page, they have this photo:
DEqEe.jpg

They're also mentioned on the Electric Amp site as a band that uses their equipment. So yeah... get yourself an Electric Master Volume model and you're set.

• Members

I play in a punk band, and I really don't have any use for one of these amps. Still, I want one.

Nah. I've seen these types of amps used for everything. Country, jazz, punk, metal, indie, funk, whatever. What I like about them is that they're unique sounding. They don't sound like a Marshall or Mesa or anything. If you played punk rock with something like the GT1, you'd have plenty of gain and an interesting sound going. Actually, my Electric head would make a siiiick amp for hardcore. Palm mutes literally shake the room and it has a unique voicing that works great in bands where you have two guitar players and the other guy is running something like a Dual Rectifier.

• Members
I play in a punk band, and I really don't have any use for one of these amps. Still, I want one.

You're so wrong. I bought a Matamp GTV for one of my clients (I posted a high-gain clip a couple of pages ago). He plays in a old-school punk/crust band. Stuff like "The Black Flag". I hardly even know that kinda of music. My client never heard Matamps in person (he probably owns the first one in Russia LOL), and he literally {censored} his pants when he first plugged in. He called me up raving how awesome this amp was. I immediately recalled the moment when I played his amp (before I sent it out to him) and thought that I should just keep it haha. So much for being an honest reseller! :mad::facepalm:

• Members
GOOD one
:thu:

Feel free to listen to bed room quality amatuer clips of the GT1, in my sig.

Recording is not good, but the amp is mind blowing !

Where's the best place to buy one of these in America? I haven't read to much through the thread, so apologies if it's been stated before.

• Members

Where's the best place to buy one of these in America? I haven't read to much through the thread, so apologies if it's been stated before.

From the UK factory, surprisingly. They sell them direct for (a lot) cheaper than their American distrubutor does. Plus they'll customize it for you if you want changes to the voicing or want more or less gain, etc. Their prices are seriously reasonable for a handmade, custom piece of boutique gear. They quoted another member here $1700 shipped for the GT1.

Archived