Show Your Recording Setup - Mics, Recording Interfaces, DAW's, Tell All

firejack018

• Members

I need that desk
:)

Where did you get it ?

Actually, I made it. Studio desks are WAYYYY expensive! :cry:

I found an old but solid desk on craigslist for $25. It was just a flat desk with two legs. I built the top frame out of 3/4" plywood and ran the outer rack space sides down the sides of the existing desk to keep it sturdy.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I learned on Sonar 3 also.
:thu:
I'm happy with Sonar 6 myself, but I'll probably be due for an upgrade in a few years time.

It's strange in that some people love Sonar and some absolutely detest it.

I'm on my 4th generation home built studio computer and truly only ever really had issues with Delta drivers a few years back. Not a Sonar issue at all.

However I really do feel stongly that ANY DAW needs to be a Q6600 based system at a minimum.

• Members

Actually, I made it. Studio desks are WAYYYY expensive!
:cry:

I found an old but solid desk on craigslist for $25. It was just a flat desk with two legs. I built the top frame out of 3/4" plywood and ran the outer rack space sides down the sides of the existing desk to keep it sturdy.

VERY cool. I thought that it was amazing how perfectly your rack stuff fit !

• Members

you can still put the effects in before the interface...so moot point
:o

Of course it works. You might prefer the sound out of the loop...so why not try it:idk::freak:oh well w/e:idea:

I'm extremely happy with the tones I'm getting as is, so I really don't feel the need to change anything.

The recorded tones are so close to how the Gryphon sounds in the room that I'm thinking there's some strange mojo happening with my unconventional method.

I don't wanna mess with the mojo. :lol:

• Members

VERY cool. I thought that it was amazing how perfectly your rack stuff fit !

Thanks! I spent a lot of time planning for what I had and what I wanted to expand to eventually. There are a few blank spaces and some of the gear could go in a floor rack if I need more space. It was a fun project, but it came within about 1/8" of not fitting through the door! :eek:

Luckily we got it in there.

• Members

This is my first Pro Tools set up . I'm trying to learn the software now .Thank God for the internet..lol I only have a Shure beta57 & Beta58 for now . I would like to get a KSM .

Macbook pro 2.16

003LE

PT8

OWC external

Bx8a powered monitors

SANY0002.jpg

• Members

This is my first Pro Tools set up . I'm trying to learn the software now .Thank God for the internet..lol I only have a Shure beta57 & Beta58 for now . I would like to get a KSM .

Macbook pro 2.16

003LE

PT8

OWC external

Bx8a powered monitors

SANY0002.jpg

Cool, what KSM are you looking at?

• Members

Thanks man! It's been about 10 years in the making. I started with this:

porta02_pb.jpg

hell.. i still use one of those on occasion!

my fave was by far the 424mk2! i still miss that machine... but i sold it to get my fostex adat..

i think i'll keep the focusrite and reaper though!:lol:

• Members

hell.. i still use one of those on occasion!

my fave was by far the 424mk2! i still miss that machine... but i sold it to get my fostex adat..

i think i'll keep the focusrite and reaper though!
:lol:

I think the 414mk2 was the one I had (It had a guitar/bass input that I used quite a bit). I actually just sold mine last week:lol:

It was a killer machine. I used it to get demo ideas down and record practices and gigs with a stereo send from the main board.

Don't flip the tape over though! :cry:

• Members

Here's the current incarnation of mine:

DSC02104.jpg

After looking at this pic for about 2 minutes, I've already decided and planned a new rack/monitor shelf for my home recording setup! Pretty sweet looking. If it works out on my own setup, It'll free up alot of much needed room!

Awesome job on yours! :thu:

• Members

I would like to get a KSM

I'm a big fan of the KSM27 I have. It's my go-to utility mic. It gets regular use on electric and acoustic guitars, bass, vocals and percussion. When I've used it on a proper drum kit, it rocks there too. It's not particularly exciting character-wise, but it doesn't suffer from Inexpensive Condenser Brightness and tends to sound like what you put it in front of. :thu:

• Members

After looking at this pic for about 2 minutes, I've already decided and planned a new rack/monitor shelf for my home recording setup! Pretty sweet looking. If it works out on my own setup, It'll free up alot of much needed room!

Awesome job on yours!
:thu:

Thanks, if I can be of any help (explanation or more pics) just let me know!

• Members

As far as four-tracks are concerned, this looks about right for what I started with years ago:

35507732__1235936331__1__1-8a49bdbb47d26

If we're talking tape, I have one of these in a flight case:

TASCAM_msr16.jpg

and it sounds pretty spiffy, but way too expensive to use for everyday demos. I'll bust it out when my band tracks our album.

• Members

right now I'm using a roland vs2480 and alesis m 1's.

my guitar path is usualy a ebmm petrucci, rg w/emgs into my VHT ul into modified randall iso cab with a 75 watt celestion and a 57. I use a SR500 bass direct for bass. for vox or acoustic i use a blue mic.

getting ready to upgrade to a mac pro, logic, and more than likely a duet.

Archived