AUGUST 2009 SHOWCASE Thread :: Finished work, videos, promo, career news, gossip...

blue2blue

• Members

I'm supposed to be working on completing my new album but got distracted by the "Did Astronauts ..." thread and wrote a song about that. Now here's another new one that diverted me from working on the album. This time I have a better excuse; got a commission from "Hastings Pier & White Rock Trust" (who are campaigning to save our local pier) to create a song and video for them. As per the last one (YouTube Conspiracy Theory Blues) it's definitely a departure from the sounds I'm typically making now but I think it's a fun, simple tune that (hopefully) people can sing along and dance to, and (again, hopefully) it gets the message across.

Okay, here it is:

lJVeX_qYw9U

Edited to add: On my computer it buffers a lot - you might want to pause to let it load.

• Members
In the career news front, I'm crawling out of my hidey-hole to do a live solo Sunday night (this) at 11 pm.

I made a point of picking a time when I hoped
everyone
would be free.

I have a gig on Sunday but if I drive the couple of hours up to Heathrow airport afterwards and jump on a flight to LA, pick up a car at the airport and drive to the gig, I can be there for ... hmmm ... probably about mid-Monday morning or so. Can you make it a very long set please? :)

• Members
In the career news front, I'm crawling out of my hidey-hole to do a live solo Sunday night (this) at 11 pm.

I made a point of picking a time when I hoped everyone would be free.

QUOTE]

I'd love to hear you perform "live" Blue, but I'm lucky to travel 10 miles in any given day. If you get a gig in NYC, I'll definitely consider it.

Do you think you could have it video taped? You could post it here.

Anyway, good luck! Maybe one of these days I'll blow the dust off myself and play a gig as well.

Best, John:thu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I recently got some video editing tools so I decided to give the YouTubes a go. They're nothing special, but they mean something to me.

The first one is just a collage of photos (and 1 video) I took while in Paris. The music is influenced by the French culture; I don't know how accurate it is. :D

[YOUTUBE]DBUG5j9gDSM[/YOUTUBE]

This next video was shot in my backyard (almost). I was able to get some nice shots.

[YOUTUBE]h45Hk3EgUqA[/YOUTUBE]

Now I just need some ideas for more videos!

• Members

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I have lurked around these forums. I hope this is an appropriate place to introduce myself.

My name is Brandon and I am a 26 year old songwriter from Canada.

I have been writing music for the last 6-7 years with most of it falling into the Rock/Pop/Acoustic genre. Creativity has no borders though and I have written many songs that fall into various genres. I even have a folder titled "WTF WAS I THINKING?" which always delivers a good laugh back.

The birth of this dream and final goal is to be the big rock star. To be rocking the hearts of crowds around the world like my influences before me.

The ultimate goal is lived daily. Chasing this dream and continueing to do what I love, regardless of fame or fortune.

The rewarding experience of being able to look back over years of bedroom demo's and watch as your ability to write music blossoms. Paired with the humbling awareness that you still have much to learn. - is all the more drive to keep going.

This last year I feel I have come to a point where I have enough material for a couple of albums over. I just need to get the band together and get it done!

So hopefully in the near future I will be sharing new demo's with you as the band comes together and the songs start to shine.

My biggest influences are Noel Gallagher (oasis), Neil Finn (crowded house), Richard ashcroft (the verve) and , of course, the beatles.

To the song! I suggest Hi-fi.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=293614&songID=8036830

It's hard to represent all I do in one song. I chose this song because I have had it in my back pocket for the last year. Gloriously mocking me to polish it up and redo it.

Imagination.

See the bird, flying solo

No return, no where to go

And you, say you love me so

But you'd never let me know

Wouldn't you

I fly away, past an ocean

To speak the words I once wrote you

And you , say you love me so

But you never let me know

Would you

Imagination not alone