is it normal not to get hungover when you're 18?

Rock_and_roll

• Members

There was this comedian that had a routine about how when you're 18 you can slice your chest with a razor and stand in the mirror and watch yourself heal.

He was pissed at how young people can bounce back etc...It was funnier when he said it....

I waited until 40 to break my leg...bad idea.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

read a great interview in Revolver.... dave grohl was interviewing Lemmy from motorhead. went something like this:

Dave: how do you deal with those brutal hangovers from all those nights of hard partying on tour?

Lemmy: In order to get a hangover, you have to stop drinking.

/ thread.

• Members
Me and some friends of mine used to have really bad judgement, sitting in the kitchen 6 in the morning, each with a milk glass of cognac
:D
"Naaah, two hours of sleep is MORE than enough!"

I remember those days :D

Unfortunately these days when I try that, I usually have to call in sick to work as I lie in bed hating life. Once I'm drunk I will decide that my body still reacts the way it did even 3 years ago. I went to Telephant's show not too long ago, and got pretty drunk thinking I'd just be an hour or so late to work the next day. The next day punched me in the face when I woke up, and I realized I'd be better off just not going in at all. Freakin' weak on my part! I used to do that {censored} 3 or 4 times a week and NEVER be late! :(

I'm getting old :facepalm:

• Members

read a great interview in Revolver.... dave grohl was interviewing Lemmy from motorhead. went something like this:

Dave: how do you deal with those brutal hangovers from all those nights of hard partying on tour?

Lemmy: In order to get a hangover, you have to stop drinking.

/ thread.

Maybe that's why I can't handle it anymore. Once I started having sober mornings, the reality of the hangover pain became more apparent. When you drink every night (I mean really drink, not just a couple beers) you just get used to it.

Also, I used to be able to just pop a couple Excederin in the morning and be good to go. Years of 12pack or more a night drinking led to bleeding ulcers, $3k hospital bill, and no longer being able to take Excederin. (really bad for the stomach)

I barely even drink these days. Had a couple beers last night while trying out KF's TITAN, and that's maybe the 2nd time I've drank this month. The 7 day a week drinking thing really takes a toll on your body.

To put it in perspective, my brother and I bought a kegerator a few years back, and between him and me, we were finishing off a keg every 4 or 5 days.

• Members

whew, that sounds pretty intense! I probably drink more now than i ever have. i really need to cut back. its not that i'm getting plastered every night or anything, its just that i'm drinking some kind of booze pretty much every night. i think i'm going to try and cut back so that i only drink on the weekends and at gatherings.

• Members

I drank so much Vodka one night that I don't remember a thing and I woke up in my bed without remembering how I even got there.

I'll never drink myself that stupid again, I hate even being out of control what I'm doing.

I can really only have about 3 to 6 pints of beer (depending on how much I've eaten) then I'll start to be pretty drunk. Throw in some shots and I'm wasted. I've only really had 2 or 3 bad hangovers when I've mixed too much or just not eaten.

I'm not light either, I weight about 175lb but just never been a heavy drinker.

• Members
I drank so much Vodka one night that I don't remember a thing and I woke up in my bed without remembering how I even got there.

happened to me, I have no recollection of half of the evening but apparently I could barely walk and tried to cut off the neck of a bottle of beer with a pair of scissors (couldn't find the bottle opener :rolleyes: ) , I'm not planning on drinking that much again in the forseeable future, its rather disconcerting having all your friends telling you about what you did (and said :eek: ) the next day

Archived