Blackstar series one 200 watt youtube vid

maiden_fan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Any word on price?

If you go to Gearwire.com they have "suggested retail" pricing listed but it's in Euros. It translates like this:

Series One 45 combo- $1200

Series One 100 head- $1150

Series One 200 head- $1600

Not bad for all the features you get. I personally like the DPR power reuction thingy. You can take the wattage down to 10% of the amps total power. For instance, on the 100 watt amp you can scale back the power to only 10 watts in order to get the tubes cooking at smaller gigs.

I had my heart set on the Egnater Renegade 50 but this could change my mind!! Sounds friggin' awesome!

• Members

Cool! It sounds fierce man... bright, British, hot and growly... definitely somthing I can get behind... Don't know if I need 200 watts in one head though... in two heads ;) The American voicing is actually kinda neat, not usually my thing either...

-Curtis

• Members

Cool! It sounds fierce man... bright, British, hot and growly... definitely somthing I can get behind... Don't know if I need 200 watts in one head though... in two heads
;)
The American voicing is actually kinda neat, not usually my thing either...

-Curtis

They have a 100 watt head and a 45 watt 2x12 combo also!!:facepalm:

• Members

I didn't care for those clips at all....sounded thin as hell to me?

I was listening to the clip with my V-Moda ear buds and it sounded thick with almost too much lowend. Like a weapon of mass destruction. Just the opposite of what you heard.

The V-Moda's do enhance lowend though.

Archived