Anyone here from Finland??

Alex Flouros

• Members

prepare for cold weather, darkness and mosquitos.

actually i'm kinda cool with all that...

i bet the mosquitos are buch bigger here,my sleep is usually morning hours already and i cant stand the extreme heat..Now about extreme cold..I guess i'll learn to live with that.. :)

• Members

Prepare for plenty of this....Suomi edustaa!!!

SDm2jFP3wWA

THzX6VW_ikc

MPk4k3WrTaY

...douchey, drunk teens pissing on the streets and littering them, random violence and fights, racist rednecks etc. Finland is really the anus of Scandinavia. :facepalm:

Fortunately, nature is beautiful.

• Members

...douchey, drunk teens pissing on the streets and littering them, random violence and fights, racist rednecks etc. Finland is really the anus of Scandinavia.
:facepalm:

Fortunately, nature is beautiful.

Lol, +1 on this.

Edit: Here's a pic taken during Midsummer about 3-4 am

mkkipano.jpg

• Members

Its quite certain that i'll be going to the capital..I'm really not sure of the spelling..Helsinki or something..i'm sure you know it..
:)
Cool..Will meet Jaakoo..
:)

Helsinki is awesome!! Clean, but maintains that "old europe" feel to it. And it's just a couple hours drive away from Tampere, which always has great music happening there.

Word to the wise -- do not ever feel the need to visit the city of Turku. EVER!! :facepalm:

• Members
  • Members

I live in Helsinki and I like it. :)

I hate the winter though. Never been into any winter sports and the weather is damn cold. I wouldn't mind some global warming coming this way for longer summers.

If you're coming to live in the metropolitan area, don't get an apartment anywhere near Korso. I used to live in Koivukyl

• Members

Outside of the metropolitan area I liked to live in Tikkurila (which is in Vantaa, not Helsinki). It's a nice quiet and clean suburb. Getting to Helsinki center takes about 15 minutes by train and 20 minutes by car. Trains to Helsinki leave every 15-25 minutes.

And wherever you'll move don't settle for one of those hideous mid 70's element block apartment buildings.

Train timetables for whole Finland:

http://www.vr.fi/heo/eng/index.html

• Members

Archived