Torches

easilyspooked

• Members

Behold! My first intoxicated midnight post (taking tomorrow off to make Kim Chi with an old friend, good night for wine and guitar).

I have music, it's in Am, there may be a recording by morning. There may not.

The Third (3rd) Verse is my biggest problem right now, I think it's the weakest. Your most glorious and empathetic thoughts? Thanks!

Torches.

The serpent

• Moderators

I just listened. You're a maniac. I love it. Now... this is going to sound weird, but you know... this song would be a hit if somebody like Timbaland or Will I. Am did it up hip hop and got Justin to be the beasty sexy boy.

I mean, it works totally on a Dylan/Folk singer level. But I'm telling you, this could be a dance hit. Just great.

• Members

Behold! My first intoxicated midnight post (
taking tomorrow off to make Kim Chi with an old friend
, good night for wine and guitar).

[bold added]

Is that, like, from the Kama Sutra?

I have music, it's in Am, there may be a recording by morning. There may not.

The Third (3rd) Verse is my biggest problem right now, I think it's the weakest. Your most glorious and empathetic thoughts? Thanks!

Torches.

The serpent

• Members

yeah there was a good bit of Force put into finishing the tune, i like the revised lyrics much better, i think they move through a more clean story, or at least each verse has it's own Thing going on. it was much easier to work on after a day or so away, i found i had the tune stuck in my head and just kept jotting down different rhymes, the established a clean flow and worked it from there.

also, if there's something in the Kama Sutra that involves jars of fermented cabbage, i'm SO getting into that.

• Members

it's recorded as a one-take for sharing purposes only, no attempt at real production, just two mic's going into a beat up soundboard which is then sent through a Tube emulator, reverb, and compression. i actually love the tone, but really it's just a quickie to share with my band and with you lot.

never listened to much Clash, but i see what you're talking about when i listen to The Magnificent Seven, that style definitely trickled down through the pop universe to reach me on some level.

Archived