Fryette Pittbull Hundred/CLX 100W Masterbuilt

sirlimecat

• Members

I don't have one, but it seems like the be all, end all amp for me.

If it's their flagship, it's probably amazing.

thats what im thinkin, i may pick this one up, and just use it for life....i need to try one somewhere..

• Members

I owned a VHT CLX for a while. Great amp and would pull the trigger on one again. I bought from Eddie's Guitars back in February of 2007 for $2,700. They have one in stock for $3,700. Wow, prices have certainly increased! I wouldn't pay that much for an amp again but it is easily one of the better amps I've owned in terms of tone and build quality. One of the buttons on the footswitch was faulty. I shipped it back to VHT and they fixed it no question asked. Great customer service! http://www.eddiesguitars.com/collections/vendors?q=VHT

• Members

All amps are "handbuilt" so I'm not sure what you mean by it???

I owned the UL which has the same preamp but with KT88s in the power section... I thought it was a very good amp, not a great amp. Not saturated/thick enough for my taste.

read the discription

• Members

I always wanted to try one of these out...from the clips i've heard they sound super punchy and aggressive which i think is a sick feature to any amp for heavy music. 4 G's is a lot of cash, but i'm sure it's totally worth it

• Members

I use to own a VHT 50CL with EQ. It was a decent amp and built well but I would have never paid anywhere close to $3800 for it. The tone is very dry on these amps. It wasn't really my thing. You have to really be into that type of tone to like VHT's/Fryette's IMO. I'm sure if you really wanted a new one you could find a much better price than MF's $3800.

• Members

if stiff, sterile, and dry are things you'er after, go for it.

This is such Bull{censored}!!

Sterile? What the {censored} is that?

I own the Ultra Lead and it is far from this description.

The amp Kills...Flat out!! Plenty of Gain, just not overly saturated

like an Engl Powerball, Diezel Herbert, or Bogner Uberschall. But very tight,

like a Diezel VH4, Splawn Quickrod, CAA OD100SE+. Can be dialed in for a very nice Brown tone (Early EVH) and with the use of the active EQ, can also get Brootalz!! This is a Musicians, Musician Professional Amplifier.

• Members

Those are completely, completely different amps, not even really worth comparing :poke:

Pricewise they are close and resale is no comparison. Those are some things to consider IMO. I doubt you will ever come close to getting your money back on a $3800 Fryette but a Diezel will hold it's value pretty well.

Now if the $3800 Fryette is your dream tone and amp that's a different story and go for it.

• Members

well musicains friend lets me buy it 300 bucks a month, no interest no credit card, so i buy gear through that often

You have to have a MF credit card or something. I know what you are saying though. MF does have it's advantages like a great return time and policy and great no intrest paying but if you truely wanted that amp I'm sure you could find it for alot cheaper elsewhere.

Archived