Fryette Pittbull Hundred/CLX 100W Masterbuilt

sirlimecat

• Members

You have to have a MF credit card or something. I know what you are saying though. MF does have it's advantages like a great return time and policy and great no intrest paying but if you truely wanted that amp I'm sure you could find it for alot cheaper elsewhere.

i dont really sell amps like that, i usally play around alot, find something alot and keep it.. saying that i know used amps are the same but i prefer new, being the original and only owner

• Members

This is such Bull{censored}!!

Sterile? What the {censored} is that?

I own the Ultra Lead and it is far from this description.

The amp Kills...Flat out!! Plenty of Gain, just not overly saturated

like an Engl Powerball, Diezel Herbert, or Bogner Uberschall. But very tight,

like a Diezel VH4, Splawn Quickrod, CAA OD100SE+. Can be dialed in for a very nice Brown tone (Early EVH) and with the use of the active EQ, can also get Brootalz!! This is a Musicians, Musician Professional Amplifier.

agreed.

• Members

i dont really sell amps like that, i usally play around alot, find something alot and keep it.. saying that i know used amps are the same but i prefer new, being the original and only owner

I wasn't talking about buying used. I'm sure you could find that Fryette NEW for alot cheaper than what MF is selling them for.

I bought a brand new VHT 50CL with EQ for $1200 2 years ago. MF was wanting around $1800 for them at that time. I think MF is asking almost $2,000 for the 50 CL with EQ now.

• Members

read the discription

I did. From the link above:

Each amplifier is hand built from individual component inspection right down to every last solder connection and then signed by Fryette's most experienced and meticulous amplifier Master Builder. Upon completion, tubes are carefully selected and matched; the amplifier is then pre-tested and burned in for a minimum of 72 hours.

I again retort... what--the--f@ck does that mean? Simple marketing BS. Nothing more.

Diezel, Bogner, Soldano, Suhr and a bunch of other companies do the same thing... but they don't use it as a hyped-up selling point... and neither did VHT/Fryette... before the name change. Total BS. Unless your highend $3000+ tube amp was assembled in a 3rd world country by a robot using recycled radio parts, all of the above statement applies to almost any highend builder you can think of.

:facepalm::facepalm:

PS: I bought my VHT UL NEW in a sealed box for $2300... anyone dumb enough to buy into this sort of marketing deserves to spend $3700 for one of these. I recommed a heavy coat of vaseline first.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Members

I like the UL more but this would be worth the $ if you have ~4K to drop on a map. No, it won't get saturated like a SE but it's not designed to. It's designed to have that cutting midrange, tight bass, and clarity that is intrinsic to the Fryette/legacy-VHT sound.

Some people dig it; others don't. My Sig:X is built like a tank so I can only imagine what's possible if the lead tech gives it a fine-tooth-comb review. :love:

• Members

So basically it's a $4000 Marshall.

:cop:
:poke:

ha

minus the sonic garbage and artifacts with a good clean channel :cop:

:oh btw, that Herbie in your avatar makes me want to fap :cop: :cop:

• Members

I did. From the link above:

Each amplifier is hand built from individual component inspection right down to every last solder connection and then signed by Fryette's most experienced and meticulous amplifier Master Builder. Upon completion, tubes are carefully selected and matched; the amplifier is then pre-tested and burned in for a minimum of 72 hours.

I again retort... what--the--f@ck does that mean? Simple marketing BS. Nothing more.

thats why i try before i buy, and i be paying a visit to Fryettes headquaters i called they were pretty decent about talking to me about what i was looking for in a amp..

Diezel, Bogner, Soldano, Suhr and a bunch of other companies do the same thing... but they don't use it as a hyped-up selling point... and neither did VHT/Fryette... before the name change. Total BS. Unless your highend $3000+ tube amp was assembled in a 3rd world country by a robot using recycled radio parts, all of the above statement applies to almost any highend builder you can think of.

:facepalm:

PS: I bought my VHT UL NEW in a sealed box for $2300... anyone dumb enough to buy into this sort of marketing deserves to spend $3700 for one of these. I recommed a heavy coat of vaseline first.

thats why i try before i buy, and i be paying a visit to Fryettes headquarters i called they were pretty decent about talking to me about what i was looking for in a amp..

• Members

I owned a VHT CLX for a while. Great amp and would pull the trigger on one again. I bought from Eddie's Guitars back in February of 2007 for $2,700. They have one in stock for $3,700. Wow, prices have certainly increased! I wouldn't pay that much for an amp again but it is easily one of the better amps I've owned in terms of tone and build quality. One of the buttons on the footswitch was faulty. I shipped it back to VHT and they fixed it no question asked. Great customer service!

Eddies Guitars is around the corner from where I used to work when I lived in St Louis. It is the most upscale guitar shop I have ever been inside. I asked how much something was so they asked me to leave. Actually they really only do business online for the most part and at the store by appointment only. So many great guitars and amps but that was when I first started playing again and was totally timid about playing in a place like that.

Archived