Friend of a brother of a friend of a friend...

LeonardScaper

• Members

Yeah...that's how this one got started.

I read that line on another forum and called dibs.;)

The problem is....that's about as far as I got. I tracked some stuff but........I need help.

Brother Of A Friend

Where are you going

Where have you been

If you leave me again like this

I'll give in

'Cause a friend of a brother of a friend of a friend

Said he saw you again with him

A friend of a brother

Of a brother of a friend.

Honestly....that's about it. For over 4 minutes.:facepalm:

Help.

• Moderators

Naw. The REO thing is about as intelligent as that power ballad Every Rose Has its Thorn. I like Leo's take.

One idea, try to get some more plays on friend of a friend and other variations on the twist. You could twist into a friend of a friend pretzel!

I haven't listened yet as I in a coffee bar. Tomorrow I lok forward to listening.

• Members

And don't forget the countless songs where you know the melody and perhaps all the lryics? Just because you can't play the guitar part to a song, doesn't mean that you don't know it.

And there it is.:facepalm:

Hmmmm........I guess I'll stay with it anyway as I'm getting into a bit of a deeper story line with Stack's verse and Lee's encouragement.

Thanks, guys.

• Members

Here's the REO:

Oh brother! :facepalm:

Help a brother out, if you see her again

Don't for get to tell her

If she leaves me again like this

I'll give in

Friend of a brother, the son of a mother, now she's the other... A friend of a brother of a friend till the end.

• Members

Oh brother!
:facepalm:

I'll give in

Friend of a brother, the son of a mother, now she's the other... A friend of a brother of a friend till the end.

A friend of a brother said now she's a wife and a mother?

• Members

Oh brother!
:facepalm:

I'll give in

Yo Robby.....

This is good material.

• Members

You didn't call last nite

or the nite before

Didn't answer my knock

on your front door

I guess this just might be the end

You've been seen with the brother of a friend of a friend

Now the jealousy

is crushing me

Guess I should just let you be

Another lonely nite I just can't spend

While your runnin with the brother

Of a friend of a friend

You've left me cold

You've left a mess

I may get better

Can only guess

Nothin you can do to make amends

For messin with the brother

Of a friend of a friend

• Members

Did you ever have to do one of those exercises where you sit around in a circle with like 20 people and everyone whispers the "same" story to the next person. By the time it gets all the way around you compare it to the original and it is way different.

That might be fun to do with this song. For example the orginal story is she is cheating on you with your best friend or something. Then as you eliminate people in the chain it becomes less extreme. Until finally when you talk to her she and your brother were planning you a surprise bday or something.

By doing this, it would play on the REO reference that people are going to hear, but end up being something different.

• Members

Sounds like a good exercise.

The way this story is shaping up.....she is stepping out a bit and I have heard about it from a friend of a.....well, you've got that bit.

Could be someone close to both of us.....haven't worked that out yet.....oooohh, maybe it's her brother.:idea:....or maybe even the guy she's out with.:idea::idea:

The important part seems to be that this friendofa has also quite clearly advised me to hang in there with the situation.

I'll most likely track new lyrics this weekend and I'll be trying to incorporate all off these ideas into a concise story line.

Archived