OT: Getting rid of Daddy Long Legs

JBecker

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those Garden spiders are sweet, they make very pretty webs. And if you ever get bored just poke the back of their abdomen and watch them freak out and shake that web like crazy. My vote for the prettiest of the spiders goes to the Weaving/Writing/Garden spider.

• Members

Net curtains! Allow you to open windows but keep bugs out. Also, those rare times if you're butt naked, people won't see you as clearly lol!

But really let them there. Those and spiders are fine. I'd have spiders over beatles any day of the week.

Though spiders that bite are rare in the UK, there are a couple that can give you a nasty nibble!

• Members
large-camel-spider.jpg

We actually get those {censored}ers in the US. I've seen 'em here in Texas. They're call solpugids and they're REALLY aggressive. Not poisonous, no, but I had one bite me and it hurt like a MOTHER{censored}ER. It fell from the rafters in my garage while I was working out on the punching bag, and it bit my arm because it got spooked. They have really strong jaws.

• Members

If there are an excessive amount, vacuum some of them up, but leave some of them.

They will eventually adapt to your habits and move to the areas you never disturb.

Look at it this way, if there are a lot of Daddy Long Legs around, that means there is a large food source there.

I'm pretty sure I would rather have the DDL's around than have a mass invasion of what they're eating.

• Members

Hmm. When I read the thread I thought you were talking about the winged insect.

PapaLonglegs.jpg

Then I check and it turns out there are 3 different types of bug called Daddy Long Legs depending on what part of the world you're in.

• Members
Hmm. When I read the thread I thought you were talking about the winged insect.

PapaLonglegs.jpg

Then I check and it turns out there are 3 different types of bug called Daddy Long Legs depending on what part of the world you're in.

around here those are called mosquito eaters, even though they do not eat mosquitos..lol

• Members

Those Mosquito hawks or whatver scare the living {censored} out of me. I don't know a damn thing about them except they look like a mosquito except like 10x bigger, which to me is warrant to wd-40 and a lighter.

To the O.P.: I WISH I had DDL's. I'm in a basement and I get way creepier {censored}, just the other night I stomped two spider's and a centipede, all of them no more than 3 meters from my bed, FFFFUUUUUUU!! I regularly stomp beetles and milli/centipedes as well.

And that Camel spider is NOT a shoop, they just look bigger because the soldier in the background is standing further back, but look to the right of the picture and you can see another soldier's arm showing, and comparing that they are in fact around 6-8 inches.

Google a Goliath spider, and {censored} bricks.

• Members

I'd kill them if I were you. Why can't you just plug up every crevice in the room so nothing can get in? But if you bed isn't in there then I spose it isn't so bad.

I get bugs in my room, but only because I have a patio window and have to open it from time to time.

Archived