Rate my playing

mparsons

• Members

Very good playing. Good melodic ideas. Some timing issues and a little intonation issues on the wider vibrato.

great work!

This. The arps were cool, sounded like you are more comfortable playing those than some of the other things you did there. The vibrato sounds a bit stiff. Work on the slow stuff, phrasing, keeping the vibrato smooth and fluid. A bit choppy at times, overall very good.:thu:

• Members

This. The arps were cool, sounded like you are more comfortable playing those than some of the other things you did there. The vibrato sounds a bit stiff. Work on the slow stuff, phrasing, keeping the vibrato smooth and fluid. A bit choppy at times, overall very good.
:thu:

Yeah, I practiced the arps a lot more than the other stuff, I wanted to make sure it was nice and clean. I'll give the rest of it some more practice too.

Thanks for listening!

• Members

Playing was cool.

Drums ruined it for me. Too jaunty. Get something that flows more.

And you need bass to glue it together.

The bass is there, its just a bit quiet... Probably should raise it up a bit :thu: But its completely unmixed.

Upon second listening, I agree with the drums, going to vary up the beat a bit more.

• Members

Thanks! It is a composed solo.. I've found that my improvised solos are really lame.

:lol:

well there ya go buddy. The thing you need to work on is improvising. I think it makes all the difference when soloing and a lot of the time it adds a lot of character to your playing as it's you thinking on the fly.

your composing skills are already pretty solid so if you can add the improve your {censored} will be over the top.

Archived