OT: anybody deal with frequent heartburn?

bluesboy

• Members

Might be acid reflux. You should have that {censored} checked out before you {censored} up the lining of your upper digestive tract.

Understatement. GERD is nothing to {censored} with, it can develop into something unbearable or worse, debilitating and/or cancerous. See a doctor, maybe two. I know because I have GERD, which I wrote off as "bad heartburn". It was only because my wife insisted that I got check out. FFFFFFUUUUU, I have GERD, but luckily it was caught pre-cancerous -- I get checked every 6 months now.

• Members

Understatement.
is nothing to {censored} with, it can develop into something unbearable or worse, debilitating and/or cancerous. See a doctor, maybe two. I know because I have GERD, which I wrote off as "bad heartburn". It was only because my wife insisted that I got check out. FFFFFFUUUUU, I have GERD, but luckily it was caught pre-cancerous -- I get checked every 6 months now.

Yeah, I caught mine early last year. On Memorial Day I thought my {censored}ing chest was going to explode. Almost went to the emergency room. Was diagnosed after a battery of tests including an ultrasound. Before he put me on meds the doc told me to eliminate the 4-shot lattes I was drinking each morning before work. That alone cured it. Highly acidic {censored}, that espresso.

• Members

I used to have heartburn. Then it turned into really bad heartburn. Then it turned into knife into stomach like pain that was constant.

Then I found out I had bleeding ulcers. Too much burning of the candle at both ends.

Point is, like others have said above, to get that checked out like yesterday.

• Members

Yeah, I caught mine early last year. On Memorial Day I thought my {censored}ing chest was going to explode. Almost went to the emergency room. Was diagnosed after a battery of tests including an ultrasound. Before he put me on meds the doc told me to eliminate the 4-shot lattes I was drinking each morning before work. That alone cured it. Highly acidic {censored}, that espresso.

Glad you caught it in time Chris. I attribute mine to 30+ years of smoking and coffee. Quit smoking 8 years ago (coming this July 1st). I'm still hooked on the coffee, tho topping it with lots of milk seems to buffer the acidity -- a lot. Everyone's biochemistry is different, and this will sound strange, but {censored} me, white bread / pasta etc. gives me pain. Spicy food? No problem. Weird but I'm grateful, I'm a Thai/Vietnamese/Korean/Indian food junky, tho I do have to watch ginger and wasabe. Everything else (chilies, garlic, pepper etc.) is cool, so to speak. Alcohol? Out. :cry:

Archived