If you're in a metal band...

somata

• Members

A band we always used to play with up in KY called Abominant (who are great guys who just love playing metal) always brought a damn fog machine to shows. Half the time they would fog the whole place up so you couldn't even see anything on stage, the absurdity of it always cracked me up.

• Members

I'm with chad_sux. It may look pretentious, and kids like to play rawk starz (saw a band last year where a kid used 6 guitars for a 10 song set, having a buddy hand em to him like they were playing MSG), but I'm there to watch a SHOW. I know for my own band, we're looking at ways to make our {censored} more interesting. I'm just not pretty enough to NOT do dumb {censored} to entertain.

On a personal note:

Wow, I've never heard of that. That is uber ***.

Why don't we make a conscious effort not to use this kind of language BEFORE the banhammer starts flying. People are throwing this {censored} around a bit more lately, and the mods have been lax on it, which is OK - used every now and then, my panties aren't going to get wadded.

But why don't we take a step back from this before it becomes a problem. :cop::poke:

Archived