For those who like Ibanez and Trem guitars...

Chrisjd

• Members

i know the TRS gets alot of {censored}, but ive never had a problem with mine, and ive had the guitar for around 6yrs..

truth be told, its pitted all to hell, and the allen screws that tighten the string blocks are starting to strip...

i have that exact guitar but not in th XL fashion...they play like a dream..

ill have to consider that OFR swap thing once my trem goes the way of the dinosaur

• Members

Na {censored} that man.. You'll need fret work, new pickups, new trem. And then it'll probably still be {censored}. I hate Ibanez guitars. I will never purchase another one. I've been screwed enough times by their poor quality instruments. Schecter=same price way better quality.

• Members

Na {censored} that man.. You'll need fret work, new pickups, new trem. And then it'll probably still be {censored}. I hate Ibanez guitars. I will never purchase another one. I've been screwed enough times by their poor quality instruments. Schecter=same price way better quality.

I'm an Ibanez player, but would agree with you. I have an RG1077XL Prestige and a 1999 RG7620 and they're awesome. I've played some of the newer ~$500 RG's and they leave a lot to be desired.

The guitar listed by the OP should actually be of good quality - I think those came out around 1999 - 2002. MIJ Ibanez's from that era are pretty sweet.

• Members

I'm an Ibanez player, but would agree with you. I have an RG1077XL Prestige and a 1999 RG7620 and they're awesome. I've played some of the newer ~$500 RG's and they leave a lot to be desired.

The guitar listed by the OP should actually be of good quality - I think those came out around 1999 - 2002. MIJ Ibanez's from that era are pretty sweet.

Yeah... The prestige aren't as impressive as they should be though. My last band, my other guitarist went out and spent a lot of money on an RG prestige. It felt just as {censored}ty as my RG. I've owned two RGT neck thru guitars. Both were {censored}. The Ibanez SZ I have, I like because it's had a damn good fret job and new pickups.

But believe it or not one of the best sounding Ibanez's I've owned over the years was an Ibanez SA bolt on. H/s/s pickup. Never changed the pickups or anything. It sounded awesome. It was like 400 bucks.

Back when I started learning more about guitars, I was probably like 17 I sold that SA because I thought it was a cheap Ibanez guitar and it would suck compared to the neck thru guitars. Def wasn't the case.

My local guitar shop said they will not stock ibanez again until they change their quality because almost everyone of them gets returned. Usually for a mountain of rising frets.

• Members

Yeah they have some nice guitars, but I have had the same experieces as you.

Schecter and LTD make a guitar with better features and nicer/more wood choices for less money.

• Members

My local guitar shop said they will not stock ibanez again until they change their quality because almost everyone of them gets returned. Usually for a mountain of rising frets.

Damn that sucks. What the hell! I haven't bought a new guitar in ages...from what you're saying I'd be sorely disappointed if i went with my favorite brand :(

• Members

Damn that sucks. What the hell! I haven't bought a new guitar in ages...from what you're saying I'd be sorely disappointed if i went with my favorite brand
:(

They were my favorite brand for a while just because i loved the looks of them. And I could get cool specs for under a grand.

Ever since I started playing schecter I can't really mess with none of my Ibanez guitars.

• Members

They were my favorite brand for a while just because i loved the looks of them. And I could get cool specs for under a grand.

Ever since I started playing schecter I can't really mess with none of my Ibanez guitars.

Got some you wanna get rid of?? ;)

-Curtis

• Members

I played a couple Shecter's at my local GC and while I was impressed with the quality, I didn't dig the necks. I really dug the ESP LTD 7 I played once though, felt a little chunkier than my 7620 but really nice.

• Members

Got some you wanna get rid of??
;)

-Curtis

Actually I only have one left. I sold two of them last week and one a few weeks before for studio equipment. I traded them in at guitar center because I don't have the patience for ebay.

They actually gave me a lot of money for them since they had fret work, new pickups and were neck thru.

I got quite a bit of recording gear for it.

New mic's

new interface

midi keyboard got a few weeks ago

upgraded to sonar 8 producer edition.

I had to throw in a little of my own money too but not too much.

I do have an SZ I would be willing to sell. Professional fret job. The best fret job I've seen actually. Only thing is I took the EMG's out and sold them. So it has no pickups. Which would mean I'd be willing to sell it for pretty cheap.

It's set neck. The frets are so smooth you can't feel them and you can set the action as low as you want. pm me if you want pics of it

• Members

exactly what you want if you're going to reach new lows in guitar playing.

:lol:

I don't get the Ibanez hate... they make great guitars. I friggin love my K7... phenomenal guitar in pretty much every way. Their cheap guitars can be meh of course, but so are Schecters. My RG7620 is great. In general I just kinda hate Schecters tho :

• Members

EBMM= Disgustingly overpriced

Carvin= 100% sex

Parker= Cool but rare

EBMM - never played one but I can't stand the way they look.

Carvin - 100% agree with ya :)

Parker - meh...played a few flys and they're just too light. They play really nice but they feel so wimpy!

• Members

:lol:

I don't get the Ibanez hate... they make great guitars. I friggin love my K7... phenomenal guitar in pretty much every way. Their cheap guitars can be meh of course, but so are Schecters. My RG7620 is great. In general I just kinda hate Schecters tho :

The K7 looks pretty sweet, I bet it plays great.

Archived