For those who like Ibanez and Trem guitars...

Chrisjd

• Members

EBMM - never played one but I can't stand the way they look.

I for one like the way they look (for the most part), but if you've never played one you're really doing yourself a disservice. Some of the nicest playing guitars out there IMO.

• Members
The K7 looks pretty sweet, I bet it plays great.

:thu: I was a little wary because of the Korn connection, but I've never regretted the purchase at all. Not only plays great but sounds excellent too; great tonewoods and construction. Superb craftsmanship too... check out the fretwork :love:

k7frets.jpg

• Members

I for one like the way they look (for the most part), but if you've never played one you're really doing yourself a disservice. Some of the nicest playing guitars out there IMO.

So I've heard - but man I just don't like the cosmetics. I'll have to check one out sometime though.

Don't you own an Ibanez Apex? How do you like that one?

• Members

Actually I only have one left. I sold two of them last week and one a few weeks before for studio equipment.
I traded them in at guitar center because I don't have the patience for ebay.

They actually gave me a lot of money for them since they had fret work, new pickups and were neck thru.

I got quite a bit of recording gear for it.

New mic's

new interface

midi keyboard got a few weeks ago

upgraded to sonar 8 producer edition.

I had to throw in a little of my own money too but not too much.

I do have an SZ I would be willing to sell. Professional fret job. The best fret job I've seen actually. Only thing is I took the EMG's out and sold them. So it has no pickups. Which would mean I'd be willing to sell it for pretty cheap.

It's set neck. The frets are so smooth you can't feel them and you can set the action as low as you want. pm me if you want pics of it

Bull{censored}. Even more reason to rob you. You change anything to a stock guitar, they give you less money. Fact.

• Members

So I've heard - but man I just don't like the cosmetics. I'll have to check one out sometime though.

Don't you own an Ibanez Apex? How do you like that one?

No, just the K7 and the 7620. The Apex is supposed to be quite good though and there is a fixed bridge version too I think.

• Members
I got mine used and the guy had taken out the PAFs and put a Dimarzio Evo in the bridge (nothing in the neck). Right now I've got the Evo in the neck and a SD Distortion in the bridge...
:love:

Have yet to try out the U-bar trem; the guitar didn't come with it. I might grab one off of ebay or something to try it. I think it would be pretty neat.

No, just the K7 and the 7620. The Apex is supposed to be quite good though and there is a fixed bridge version too I think.

Ah ok..You got the K7 a few months ago right? I remember a thread where you were talking about it - for some reason I thought it was the Apex. How's the K7 compare to the 7620?

• Members

Ah ok..You got the K7 a few months ago right? I remember a thread where you were talking about it - for some reason I thought it was the Apex. How's the K7 compare to the 7620?

Yeah, a few months ago. I really like the 7620, but honestly the K7 beats it in every department for me... it has a slightly thicker neck - still thin but just a little meatier - which I like; and the shape is a little more of a D than a C which fits my hand perfectly. The mahogany body sounds really rich and lush, very deep but with the Distortion in there it has a lot of bite too. I prefer it to the tone of the basswood in the RG.

Basically, everything I like about the RG7620 the K7 equals or surpasses. :) The only thing I don't like about the K7 is the goofy inlay at the 12th fret. But I'm used to it, so no big deal. And of course, I only paid $300 for the 7620... which I would do again in a heartbeat. Despite my preference for the K7 the 7620 is awesome and a steal considering what they go for used.

• Members

Bull{censored}. Even more reason to rob you. You change anything to a stock guitar, they give you less money. Fact.

Well you are right they said they would have given me more money for a stock guitar at first but then the guy said the fact that the fretwork was done so well that it helped out. They did not like that I changed pickups. But then the manager did like that I changed pickups and said it would sell better because of it. On one of them atleast. But they gave me a good bit. Considering... The RGT normally is 699. well I got one on sale for 399. They paid me 280 for it. So I didn't lose that much money. I figured they would give me like 100 bucks for it.

The other one they gave me 300 for. Neither one of them stock. I know that's not a whole lot of money but more than I'm used to there.

They didn't seem to like the fact that i had an emg 81 in one of them and had a passive in the neck so it wouldn't work. They were going to give me more for that guitar but they had to cut it down because of it only having one pickup working.

They said they were going to sell them for 400 or more. so they made their profit.

And then I sold my old drums to them which is a set I never use in mint condition.

All together I only had to pay like 280 dollars of my own money for all that {censored} I got.

• Members
Well you are right they said they would have given me more money for a stock guitar at first but then the guy said the fact that the fretwork was done so well that it helped out. They did not like that I changed pickups. But then the manager did like that I changed pickups and said it would sell better because of it. On one of them atleast. But they gave me a good bit. Considering... The RGT normally is 699. well I got one on sale for 399. They paid me 280 for it. So I didn't lose that much money. I figured they would give me like 100 bucks for it.

The other one they gave me 300 for. Neither one of them stock. I know that's not a whole lot of money but more than I'm used to there.

They didn't seem to like the fact that i had an emg 81 in one of them and had a passive in the neck so it wouldn't work. They were going to give me more for that guitar but they had to cut it down because of it only having one pickup working.

They said they were going to sell them for 400 or more
. so they made their profit.

And then I sold my old drums to them which is a set I never use in mint condition.

All together I only had to pay like 280 dollars of my own money for all that {censored} I got.

Ok. That makes sense. The part I bolded on your quote cracks me up. I've noticed in the past 2 years that those assholes actually have the audacity to tell you what they're going to flip your gear for. There's been at least a dozen times I've been in line at GC and some guy at the register is in the middle of selling his gear to the store for a ridiculous price and the sales clerk tells the guy how much the store is going to sell it for a profit.

2 months ago I went to go get a new mic cable and this kid was trying to sell his 4 channel JVM head for store credit. The salesman flat out told him he was only going to give him $650 for it so they can sell it for $1400 :lol: It's almost like they are giving you an extra slap in the face for your stupidity :lol:

• Members

Ok. That makes sense. The part I bolded on your quote cracks me up. I've noticed in the past 2 years that those assholes actually have the audacity to tell you what they're going to flip your gear for. There's been at least a dozen times I've been in line at GC and some guy at the register is in the middle of selling his gear to the store for a ridiculous price and the sales clerk tells the guy how much the store is going to sell it for a profit.

2 months ago I went to go get a new mic cable and this kid was trying to sell his 4 channel JVM head for store credit. The salesman flat out told him he was only going to give him $650 for it so they can sell it for $1400
:lol:
It's almost like they are giving you an extra slap in the face for your stupidity
:lol:

Yeah, at first they said they were going to sell it more than that. But then when they noticed the one didn't have but one pickup that actually worked they got kinda pissed because they done gave me a price and said they'd have to eat it and not make as much profit. So I said {censored} it I can go down a little bit if it's that big of a deal.

I didn't look at it as me being stupid. Because I tried to sell it on ebay before and I had no luck because I got no seller history so no one will buy from me. And the guitars were collecting dust.

So it's kinda like... New studio equipment that I use everyday or guitars laying in the closet getting no use? So I felt good about the trade.

Archived