Haha. A HC born ref on fox news. And yes, Crabcore content

thefyn

• Members

Anyone remember who coined the phrase? They deserve the HCAF Medal of Lulz.

Oh, and ibtb.

Someone in their Wikipedia article called them crabcore and I quoted that, and I think that was the first instance. So I can take credit for bringing it to HCAF, but it wasn't my term.

• Members

Someone in their Wikipedia article called them crabcore and I quoted that, and I think that was the first instance. So I can take credit for bringing it to HCAF, but it wasn't my term.

There are currently no references to crabcore on Wikipedia. A search turns up nothing.

• Members

Yeah, it actually got deleted because it apparently was not a "notable musical genre."
:rolleyes:

Seriously. There was one.

It doesn't appear in the text of the Attack Attack! article either. The Urban Dictionary entries on crabcore were posted after thinkpad's post.

There is no proof that the term originated anywhere other than teh HCAF.

• Members

It doesn't appear in the text of the Attack Attack! article either. The Urban Dictionary entries on crabcore were posted after thinkpad's post.

There is no proof that the term originated anywhere other than teh HCAF.

I'm sure that if you through the Wikipedia article's revision history you'll find it. Gimme a minute and I will.

EDIT: here http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Attack_Attack!&oldid=296412303

Of course, even if it was from Wikipedia, popularizing a term is as good as coining it... so we can thank HCAF for that :lol:

• Members

Also being labeled as Crabcore...

[YOUTUBE]4LRKw_eLSko[/YOUTUBE]

I'm just sayin :thu:

There are currently no references to crabcore on Wikipedia. A search turns up nothing.

Much like teh HCAF, Wikipedia has a ban on "Crabcore." Any edits in this regard are quickly yanked!! :cry:

They pulled the same shit with Moshzilla.

• Members

I got the impression at the time that someone from HC had edited the Wiki article
:idk:

It appears that the crabcore edit was made on June 14 at 7:53 PM, while Thinkpad's post appeared on June 14 at 8:04. The crabcore edit can be attributed to one Juwanna Mann. Therefore, the edit predates its earliest mention on HCAF, but by mere minutes.

If anyone here is Juwanna Mann, please feel free to claim your Medal of Lulz.

• Members

i'm so lost in all of this.

i see animated gifs from that attack attack video, but i've never seen the video or heard the song.

why is it called crabcore?

From the superior Urban Dictionary entry:

The genre isn't of musical value but of appearance
as the bands do crab like movements on performances.
[sic] These include bending your knees down until your crotch practically hits the floor and doing jumps in this position.

Archived