Sam Ash Bugera 6262 SAGA! Beware of SA!

theDogger

• Members

For those who have read the previous post to this Sam Ash saga....I ordered what was suppose to be a new 6262 Head from Sam Ash I was promptly delivered an open box return missing a power cord. There was a scratch on the face plate, finger prints all over the tubes and the screws that hold the chassis together where all marred from the wrong size screw driver.

So at first they said that they would never ship an open box return...and suggested that Bugera shipped it that way.....ok what ever.....so then they were going to send out a new one but were out of stock. The CS rep suggested that poss. a local store had 4 in stock. So I had to call back on Monday and request Amanda Hamer sales rep to take care of it.

So upon talking to her she also suggested that Sam Ash was not at fault but would call the local store and she what she could do. During this conversation I suggested to her that last night the CS rep that I spoke to suggest that for the trouble they I ask to be upgraded to the 333-XL if I liked that model at no additional charge. I mentioned this to her and she did not even respond to the suggestion.

She then later contacted me and said that she was able to get one from a local store but the box was not pretty...I said fine as long as it is NEW and un-opened. She assured me it was. So a few days later I receive the replacement 6262 and to my suprise it is in worse shape that the first head. All the same issues but no plastic bag around the head, the pedal was stuffed in the box and all the screws were marred up again and is dusty in the chasis. The biggest kicker is right on the box is a previous RMA #. WTF!

So I again call Sam Ash and explain what I have received and again Sam Ash kinda blows it off and they offer that I keep the 2nd 6262 head until the new stock comes in 6-8 wks. So I tell them that I want to think about it and I will get back to them...so I contacted Amanda Hamers and requested what the CS rep suggested that I think for all the trouble that I get upgraded to the 333-XL head and no charge and I will hold on to the 2nd 6262 head and return it when I receive the new 333-XL head. If not I will return both the heads.

I promptly received a Fed_ex RMA tag for the 2nd amp with no other emails or contact from Amanda or Sam Ash about their decision.

So I have passed this experience on to Bugera who is not happy about the issue. Here the email that I received back from Bugera....

Dear Brian.

I am totally shocked

• Members

So... You bought {censored} Chinese amp from {censored} Mega-Retailer and low and behold you didn't get very good service... Is that like the super duper cliff notes version?

Fail 1) Buying from {censored} mega retailer rather than a local shop that actually gives a {censored} (assuming you have any of those left)

Fail 2) Buying a {censored} Chinese amp.

:facepalm:

• Members

No not real because of the Bugera....but to make people aware of how Sam Ash handled there errors and how I was treated as a customer.....

theDogger

So don't buy {censored} over the internet unless its from someone you know and trust. I only buy gear from private parties I've dealt with before or Sweetwater.

• Members

So... You bought {censored} Chinese amp from {censored} Mega-Retailer and low and behold you didn't get very good service... Is that like the super duper cliff notes version?

Fail 1) Buying from {censored} mega retailer rather than a local shop that actually gives a {censored} (assuming you have any of those left)

Fail 2) Buying a {censored} Chinese amp.

:facepalm:

No the closest retailer is Guitar Center no better....and 2nd I just wanted to try these amps as a lot of people are raving about them...

theDogger:confused:

• Members

No the closest retailer is Guitar Center no better....and 2nd I just wanted to try these amps as a lot of people are raving about them...

theDogger:confused:

So you buy big ticket items over the interwebs to try them?

• Members

So don't buy {censored} over the internet unless its from someone you know and trust. I only buy gear from private parties I've dealt with before or Sweetwater.

Haha, I had something almost similar happen to me with Sweetwater...And I dealt with them face to face...Dudes were lying scumbags trying to play me for a fool. I hate that place.

As for the SA ordeal in this thread, I can't help but think a lot of this has to do with the fact that it was done over email and possibly phone.

The local SA here is pretty OK...They've told me in the past that the online retailer and box stores are 2 different things, and they do not accept returns from online orders...If that means anything.

Also, your emails read funny, IMO...I could see how MUCH would get lost in those, as they aren't that clear. Maybe it's because not all of them are there?

• Members

Despite the fact that it's a lesser quality amp and a huge retailer, I sympathize with the OP getting completely hosed. It's not his fault at all. Most people expect potential issues from major retailers, but I'm not sure that anyone expects to get bent over this bad. Hope the OP gets it sorted out to his satisfaction.

• Members

Why so quick to jump in with negativity? What if you've never purchased from anyone online (be it private or corp) or in person? For all we know, this could be some 15 yr old kid buying his first tube amp. You have to start somewhere to establish that customer relation. :wave:

• Members

Wow, some idiot comments, but that's to be expected around here. Bottom line is he bought a product from a retailer and got screwed. As a big retailer, SA's customer service should be top-notch, irrespective of whether the sale occurred online or in person. Whether this was a Bugera or the latest boutique HCAF flavor of the month makes no difference.

• Members

Why so quick to jump in with negativity? What if you've never purchased from anyone online (be it private or corp) or in person? For all we know, this could be some 15 yr old kid buying his first tube amp. You have to start somewhere to establish that customer relation.
:wave:

Or for that matter, it may just be a guy who got screwed. Not everyone has a few thousand sitting around, just waiting to pick up a Uber or a VH-4. For a guy with kids and a mortgage, that ain't gonna happen in the near future. Give the guy some sympathy - he got screwed in a bad way on something he was obviously looking forward to.

And another thing - I've played Bugeras, and will soon be the owner of a few. They're cheap, sound great, and make wonderful studio amps. So get bent. :thu:

• Members

So you buy big ticket items over the interwebs to try them?

Nope had full intentions of keeping the head even bought a eurotube tube bias and a new set of JJ tubes from them...

Sam Ash and GC always do that kind of crap. I guess they figured that everybody is too lazy to return it.

The first amp they offered a discount to keep it!

Also, your emails read funny, IMO...I could see how MUCH would get lost in those, as they aren't that clear. Maybe it's because not all of them are there?

Correct if I posted everything it would have been a mile long. There also was a lot of phone calls

Just mad that in today's world people/companies out there are just in it for the $$$$

I know what we need more big gov't regulating things...what do you say...Oh wait that already happened and is getting worse.

anyway just wanted to share the experience! I'll be back with a new amp soon as soon as they refund my $1100:mad:

theDogger :facepalm:

• Members

Wow, some idiot comments, but that's to be expected around here. Bottom line is he bought a product from a retailer and got screwed. As a big retailer, SA's customer service should be top-notch, irrespective of whether the sale occurred online or in person. Whether this was a Bugera or the latest boutique HCAF flavor of the month makes no difference.

:thu:

• Members

Or for that matter, it may just be a guy who got screwed. Not everyone has a few thousand sitting around, just waiting to pick up a Uber or a VH-4. For a guy with kids and a mortgage, that ain't gonna happen in the near future. Give the guy some sympathy - he got screwed in a bad way on something he was obviously looking forward to.

And another thing - I've played Bugeras, and will soon be the owner of a few. They're cheap, sound great, and make wonderful studio amps. So get bent.

Exactly:thu: This forum has gone to {censored} for the most part, it kills me to see all these people acting like little {censored}ing dickheads. This was a bad experience regardless.

• Members

I guess it just bugs me to see some dude with a super low post count getting on here with his "I got screwed" story about a retailer that does tens of thousands of transactions a day. Sure, I've had terrible luck buying stuff online from MF and GC and the rest of the mega-retailers but I don't get online and bitch because it's simply a statistical blip. I usually just call them up, get a manager on the phone, tell them "Fix it or I do a charge-back with Visa" and it gets fixed.

Again... Stuff happens. At some point I'm just sick of hearing about it because it seems every week there's a thread on here about some retailer "screwing" someone over essentially either an honest screwup that's mishandled or a legitimate scam. The problem these days is there's so many {censored}ty buyers out there that the retailers aren't too keen on just taking you at your word anymore.

Again... Buyer beware. I never buy amps or guitars over the internet unless it's something used and it's a situation where I know the person somewhat (Forum member in good standing sort of thing) and I know exactly what I'm getting.

Archived