Sam Ash Bugera 6262 SAGA! Beware of SA!

theDogger

• Members

I guess it just bugs me to see some dude with a super low post count getting on here with his "I got screwed" story about a retailer that does tens of thousands of transactions a day. Sure, I've had terrible luck buying stuff online from MF and GC and the rest of the mega-retailers but I don't get online and bitch because it's simply a statistical blip. I usually just call them up, get a manager on the phone, tell them "Fix it or I do a charge-back with Visa" and it gets fixed.

Again... Stuff happens. At some point I'm just sick of hearing about it because it seems every week there's a thread on here about some retailer "screwing" someone over essentially either an honest screwup that's mishandled or a legitimate scam. The problem these days is there's so many {censored}ty buyers out there that the retailers aren't too keen on just taking you at your word anymore.

Again... Buyer beware. I never buy amps or guitars over the internet unless it's something used and it's a situation where I know the person somewhat (Forum member in good standing sort of thing) and I know exactly what I'm getting.

Well, {censored}ing praise the lord that you feel that way:facepalm:

• Members

I guess it just bugs me to see
some dude with a super low post count
getting on here with his "I got screwed" story about a retailer that does tens of thousands of transactions a day. Sure, I've had terrible luck buying stuff online from MF and GC and the rest of the mega-retailers but I don't get online and bitch because it's simply a statistical blip. I usually just call them up, get a manager on the phone, tell them "Fix it or I do a charge-back with Visa" and it gets fixed.

Again... Stuff happens. At some point I'm just sick of hearing about it because it seems every week there's a thread on here about some retailer "screwing" someone over essentially either an honest screwup that's mishandled or a legitimate scam. The problem these days is there's so many {censored}ty buyers out there that the retailers aren't too keen on just taking you at your word anymore.

Again... Buyer beware. I never buy amps or guitars over the internet unless it's something used and it's a situation where I know the person somewhat (Forum member in good standing sort of thing) and I know exactly what I'm getting.

So if this was one of the forum regulars you wouldn't care? This wasn't a post about someone being screwed on ebay or by some stranger, it was Sam Ash that screwed him..... twice in a row. I say that's pretty {censored}ty and I for one like knowing how they handled the situation.

• Members

I guess it just bugs me to see some dude with a super low post count getting on here with his "I got screwed" story about a retailer that does tens of thousands of transactions a day. Sure, I've had terrible luck buying stuff online from MF and GC and the rest of the mega-retailers but I don't get online and bitch because it's simply a statistical blip. I usually just call them up, get a manager on the phone, tell them "Fix it or I do a charge-back with Visa" and it gets fixed.

I find it odd a guy with a 3500 odd post count would decide that this thread, of all the threads started today, ranks as bitch worthy, and that you'd want to dismiss his frustrating experience (which sounds legit to me), which he took the time to share with us, for our benefit as a n00b buyer problem. If a vendor is {censored}ing up their end of a business transaction I want to know about it.

Your tampon, it needs changing. :poke:

• Members
Or for that matter, it may just be a guy who got screwed. Not everyone has a few thousand sitting around, just waiting to pick up a Uber or a VH-4. For a guy with kids and a mortgage, that ain't gonna happen in the near future. Give the guy some sympathy - he got screwed in a bad way on something he was obviously looking forward to.

And another thing - I've played Bugeras, and will soon be the owner of a few. They're cheap, sound great, and make wonderful studio amps. So get bent.
:thu:

this +1 million. Put Bugera in a thread title and I guarantee you will get 5,000 people in thread saying "do not want" or "thats what you get for buying a Bugera". its' usually the same people too. not even the point of this thread.

• Members

I find it odd a guy with a 3500 odd post count would decide that this thread, of all the threads started today, ranks as bitch worthy, and that you'd want to dismiss his frustrating experience (which sounds legit to me), which he took the time to share with us,
for our benefit
as a n00b buyer problem. If a vendor is {censored}ing up their end of a business transaction I want to know about it.

Your tampon, it needs changing. :poke:

You're absolutely right.

This week has ranked as the second most stressful of my married life. The first being the one where we had to wait on my wife's biopsy to find out if she had Breast Cancer. Last week we found out we're having a Baby. This week we found out we might have miscarried. All week I've been all {censored}ed up. Turns out things are OK but I'm still not really "right" Yet.

My Sincerest apologies to all parties.

BTW... I still wouldn't buy a Bugera... :poke:

• Members

You're absolutely right.

This week has ranked as the second most stressful of my married life. The first being the one where we had to wait on my wife's biopsy to find out if she had Breast Cancer. Last week we found out we're having a Baby. This week we found out we might have miscarried. All week I've been all {censored}ed up. Turns out things are OK but I'm still not really "right" Yet.

{censored}. Horrible stress. Prayers and mojo coming your way.

• Members
I guess it just bugs me to see some dude with a super low post count.

God damn.... wtf is it with the {censored}in post count around here. You have to spend 16 hrs a day on this forum to be able to have an opinion? Yeah... I got a low post count too, pal. Tell me how invalid I am and tell me to GTFO.....

The guy had a story to tell and wanted to vent. "Wait fool, you don't have enough posts to be posting on an amp forum about an amp. GTFO, NuBe....."

:poke::blah::blah::blah:

• Members
Nope had full intentions of keeping the head even bought a eurotube tube bias and a new set of JJ tubes from them...

The first amp they offered a discount to keep it!

Correct if I posted everything it would have been a mile long. There also was a lot of phone calls

Just mad that in today's world people/companies out there are just in it for the $$$$

I know what we need more big gov't regulating things...what do you say...Oh wait that already happened and is getting worse.

anyway just wanted to share the experience! I'll be back with a new amp soon as soon as they refund my $1100:mad:

theDogger
:facepalm:

Music123 sent me a beat up distortion pedal once, and offered me a $10 coupon, if I kept it. Screw that lol.

• Members

here's probably what happened...

bugera is back ordered and has been for a long time so sam ash got some dickwad to throw a floor model in a box and send it to you .... twice so they could make their money.

Or they have refurbished models in some warehouse and sent it to you twice. this is gay and not bugera's fault... but mf and sweetwater probably would've done you this way as well. i've had bad dealings with both other companies. It's part of life.

They should upgrade you because the xl is a better amp imo and that's totally crappy. write to the president of the company if need be. throw a fit man.

• Members

To the OP: Sorry to hear your unfortunate incident with Sam Ash.

I've never had any problems buying stuff from their store or online. Great customer service over the years, personally, I think they outdo GC for it.

It's just sad to hear how from last year alone I've been hearing, and seeing in various forums, how people get screwed over, or untreated fairly, from both MF and SA's online stores. Being the biggest retailers of musical instruments, they should have no problems as to making any purchase hassle free from their stores/online store.

• Members
That sucks. Some guy at SA told me I was playing guitar wrong when I asked for 11 gauge strings.

One of their guitar techs once asked me why my guitar has a battery in it. I told him it was for the piezo. He said, "what's that?" That same person charges $100 for a standard setup. :facepalm:

• Members

You're absolutely right.

We've all {censored} on someone that didn't deserve it because we weren't in our right minds or were having a {censored}ed up day/week and just took it out on someone.

I feel for you man, my thoughts are with you and you have myhopes that the baby is healthy.

• Members

Well just wanted one more up date to this......I had to call Sam Ash because one the RMA labels was bad.

I ended up talking to a manager that was aware of the issues. After a nice talk it seems that he never got the entire story from the sales rep. So after a nice chat he up graded me to the 333-XL.

So I shipped one of the open box returns back and am keeping the other until the New shipment from Bugera comes in and they will RMA that 6262 head and ship out the 333-XL.

I am a little happier about the outcome....but why could this not be handled like this in the first place.

Will I shop at Sam Ash again? I may give them another chance but I am still pretty gun shy!

And in regards to posting counts....I do not live on the forums but use them as a resource. I feel that it is mine and your responsibility to make other aware of issue that are had with the major retailers.

It is kinda like the state of our country right now with the MANCHURIAN PRESIDENT that was forced into office. Ya I voted in every election but I do not know what the F#@! that I am voting for or why. WHO got elected...the FOREIGN BANKERS? I wish people would start standing up for there rights to take care of the wrongs in our world. Have some back bone!

anyway FYI!!!!!:thu:

theDogger :peace:

• Members

ain't this how HCAF always goes?

Post #1: I have this problem.
Post #2: Dude, it's totally your fault.
Posts #3-7: Yeah, douchebag. Quitcherbitchin...
Post #8: I don't think OP is at fault
Posts #9-12: Yeah, douchebag. Quitcherhatin...
Post #13: OP here, i have an update.
Post #14: i apologize for post #2, dude.
Post #15: Yeah, douchebag. not poster #2's fault.

Archived