Land of the Bearded Tomatos

grace_slick

• Members

Ok, yet another one from me! (after the vocals end, this will go on forever and it's not meant to, but it just loops that way. I must adjust later.)

I used my new WinLAME wav-MP3 converter too, woo! lol

This is the updated version.

www.soundclick.com/auntacid (it's the first one, newest one)

Walked out my door, went to the store

Today today

I needed to buy a tomato

To bake a pie

Picked up a nice and juicy round tomato

Held in my hand, something wasn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very cool Grace. This is what I would call lyrically artistic and has excellent imagery. I'm not sure I've ever heard of, or seen a bearded tomato haha. I was listening to some college radio the other night and this would fit right in. They play stuff like this all the time. The mix is good too - radio ready in my opinion. You should look around for college radio stations and send them a CD. This is the kind of unique songwiritng that can garner a lot of fans. This would be a good children's song - I can see this going on Sesame Street or shows like that with cool animation and stuff.Vocals are perfect!

• Members

Heheh, anyone else? (thanks Marshall) I'm not one to shy away from out there stuff.

You're nucking futs Grace!:freak:

The thing is it's original and playful I like it.

You should consider a harmony when you say

Tomato's got a beard.

Guess what though?

Significant quality increase of the vocals!!!!

I still hear some noise but it isn't as bad.

Check out the advice I gave you in Shadowdusk's thread...

• Members

Thanks also Johnny and Ido, and Sticky! I am actually thinkin it'd be so cool to get my stuff played on college radio...around here they don't really have stuff like that, but back when I myself was in college (or "uni" as we call it here), I had a friend from San Jose who had a show on her college radio station, and they played some pretty cool stuff. She sent me a tape once.

My best friend used to have a show on a state-wide gay radio station in the state where I'm originally from...if she still had that show, she'd play my stuff for sure...but she doesn't. BUT another friend of our's is friends with someone else who still does have a show on that station.

Blah, blah, blah - point is, when I get more songs finished and ok, I'll DEFINITELY be sending CDs around. WOO!

• Members

I really like the jazzy feel of that song. But you should think about adding a little uplifting instrumental bridge, probably a piano solo resembling the lyrics would be sufficiant. But the song keeps me waiting all the time for something like that, something that "loosens it up" (I hope that is the right term) a little.

• Members

Hmm...loosens it up...yeah, I getcha. I think. I've been "mapping" out my songs and making tables for what I have done and what I want to do for each of them...and for this, I put that I want to add something different with the bridge and also some sort of embellishment somewhere...

• Members

How would I know what the tempo is, kindly sir? On my Ableton it's just always at 100 bpm and if you change it to be faster, you lower the number, and if you change it to be slower, you raise the number. This is all I know!

I'm not sure what I'd want. I'd have to listen again (right now my ears are full of Rocket by Goldfrapp so I can't hear anything else in my head. lol)

• Members

How would I know what the tempo is, kindly sir? On my Ableton it's just always at 100 bpm and if you change it to be faster, you lower the number, and if you change it to be slower, you raise the number. This is all I know!

I'm not sure what I'd want. I'd have to listen again (right now my ears are full of Rocket by Goldfrapp so I can't hear anything else in my head. lol)

Have you heard of Jeff Dunham and Achmed the dead terrorist?

achmed.jpg&t=1:cop::cop::cop::cop:

The tempo is the beats per minute or BPM.

Weird. Your Abelton is broken girl!:facepalm:

Beats per Minute...80 BPM is slower than 120BPM, right?

I am confuse

• Members

I wanted to like it - but didn't. I opened it because I thought those words were fantastic. But there was jarring dissonance between the clever, bouyancy of the words and that serious and kinda somber, almost funereal, piano progression.

It just didn't work for me.

But I like the music. And I like the words. A lot actually - both of them. But Seperately.

• Members

You know what Robbie? This is the story of my (musical) life. I just do not have the technical knowledge and ability to fix these errors and time issues and mixing problems. It really upsets me cause no matter what I do and how happy I am with the music itself, with these technical issues, I can

Archived