getting a tattoo from a guy with a swastika???

bluesbox101

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd still advise to steer clear. It could have been a stupid youth thing, but
maybe he just regrets the tattoo, not the sentiments behind it. You did say in your OP that he was still saying racist {censored} according to your friend.

I guess I would say if you really think this guy is the right guy then talk to him first so you can get {censored} out on the table.

This. Steer clear and go somewhere else. That is what I would do if I were you.

• Members

A swastika is a perverted religious symbol. The original swastika was not angled I believe. The 3rd reich decided it would be a good symbol but put a 45 angle on it. I dunno my history channel learnings have failed me before.

• Members

You can look at this in a number of different ways.

First: Does your friend have a history of making {censored} up? Why would he get all of his tattoos from someone who's a racist asshole?

Second: If your friend is telling the truth, then there's no possible excuse for continuing to use racial slurs if he actually regrets his racist past. If he was young and made stupid mistakes and wants to keep the tattoo of how stupid he was and is truly sorry, that is one thing. If he only regrets the swastika because it lets everyone around him know what a racist piece of {censored} he is, then that's a whole different story.

If he's still spouting racist {censored}, he's still a worthless {censored}, and I'd rather burn my money than give it to that asshole.

EDIT:

Also - even if you get a killer tat, YOU will always know that it was a racist asshole who inked it, even if nobody else does.

I'm 100% cracker, and that {censored} would bother me. If I were mixed or not white, I can't imagine thinking about that {censored} everyday.

• Members

so i go into a tattoo shop with my girlfriend and im talking to the artist about getting one.

the guys really cool to me and creative so i make my appointment to start the out line the coming Wednesday. (my first tat)

i was talking to my friend who has gotten all of his tattoos from the guy and he brought up about how he was really racist. i ask him how and he tells me that he spits out the slurs and that he's got a really big swastika tattooed on his hip/thigh region.

i was a little freaked out by this for me being half-black and half-white.

even though the guy was more than cool to me and welcoming...was it a front?

would you feel comfortable being tattooed by someone with that mindset?

If a reputed brilliant tattoo artist in town has a tattoo on him, saying something like, " F%%K G*D ", i will still get a tattoo from him, if he is best in town, regardless of me being a church going Christian.

What ever his religious view, i am not gonna hold it against him, IF mine differs from his !

Same will go for somebody that might have a diff political viewpoint.

Your craft will allways over shaddow your personal views :idea:

• Members

Id be more concerned with his portfolio than his racial ethics. The tattoo will be there forever, his opinions wont. Then again... most people dont even look at the artists portfolio... thats why over 80% of all tattoos are horrible. People usually put more thought into buying jeans.

• Members

Id be more concerned with his portfolio than his racial ethics. The tattoo will be there forever, his opinions wont. Then again... most people dont even look at the artists portfolio... thats why over 80% of all tattoos are horrible. People usually put more thought into buying jeans.

For goddamned real. I'm the kind of guy willing to fly out to artists (I'd totally fly out to see Yann Black, etc) to get it done right; while I don't mind cliche tattoos, it's the low quality that really makes me shudder at most of 'em.

• Members

I have both my upper arms sleeved ..So i have a little experience on tats ..One thing about tats i recommend with anyone for any reason.. If you are the slightest bit hesitant on a tattoo or tattoo artist run the other way ..Never get a tattoo by anyone you are not a 100% positive on ..If there is any doubt find another artist it is that simple no matter what the reason..Same is to be said about the tattoo don't get one just to be hip make sure it is what you want without any doubts present or future...

• Members

A swastika is a perverted religious symbol. The original swastika was not angled I believe. The 3rd reich decided it would be a good symbol but put a 45 angle on it. I dunno my history channel learnings have failed me before.

i read that swastikas are common to every culture that weaves. and it makes sense, since it's a common repeated pattern.

Archived