getting a tattoo from a guy with a swastika???

bluesbox101

• Members

so i go into a tattoo shop with my girlfriend and im talking to the artist about getting one.

the guys really cool to me and creative so i make my appointment to start the out line the coming Wednesday. (my first tat)

i was talking to my friend who has gotten all of his tattoos from the guy and he brought up about how he was really racist. i ask him how and he tells me that he spits out the slurs and that he's got a really big swastika tattooed on his hip/thigh region.

i was a little freaked out by this for me being half-black and half-white.

even though the guy was more than cool to me and welcoming...was it a front?

would you feel comfortable being tattooed by someone with that mindset?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd steer clear. Racists are scum; especially anyone {censored}ed enough to get a swastika tattoo (unless, I suppose, if it's intended in it's original meaning as a Hindu/Jainist symbol for prosperity or whatever).

For one, it's bad mojo... I'm about as atheist/non-superstitious as it gets but something really seems wrong about letting someone with that much hate (especially, hate for YOU, if you're not white) decorating your body. Just bad vibes. :idk: And for another, he might pull some {censored} on you given his prejudice against you.

There are a lot of tattoo artists out there that are not racist assholes; give your business to them.

But... it's always possible that he's not a racist after all... you could just straight up ask him about it, but that would be a pretty awkward conversation :lol:

• Members

It's possible he's racist...but there's a lot of {censored} in the whole ink/mod culture; he might be trying to "take it back" and have a real swastika on him, not the Nazi one. This happens a bit in the mod community. Of course, {censored}ing assholes have to get their white power tatts somewhere, right?

I mean, I dunno, never met the guy, maybe he's a Grand Wizard or some {censored}. Just saying. Though it seems that with close contact like that, hours on end, doing tattoos; seems like an out-and-flaming racist would end up with a select clientele, or out of business. And if he's a racist with business and artistic ethics...well, that'd just be kinda weird, and I'd choose someone else in that event, as well.

• Members

oh yeah and the guy told my buddy he got the tattoo when he was young and stupid and that if he could take anything away it would be that.

not trying to justify anything btw

I'd still advise to steer clear. It could have been a stupid youth thing, but maybe he just regrets the tattoo, not the sentiments behind it. You did say in your OP that he was still saying racist {censored} according to your friend.

I guess I would say if you really think this guy is the right guy then talk to him first so you can get {censored} out on the table.

• Members

you really gonna let a racist tattoo you when you have a parent who is black? :poke:

dont let him tattoo you, do you really want the art of a racist on you for the rest of your life?

get it done somewhere else.

• Members

I guess I would say if you really think this guy is the right guy then talk to him first so you can get {censored} out on the table.

i've actually thought about doing that, but idk man. like you said, bad mojo

you dont need to talk to him, screw him, theres nothing he could say, the swastika explains it. go to a different artist

• Members

you dont need to talk to him, screw him, theres nothing he could say, the swastika explains it. go to a different artist

What does it explain? That he could be buddhist, hinduist or maybe jainist?:confused:

Anyways, i think u should find yourself a new tattoo guy, just to be sure.

• Members

It depends on the guys personality. He seems alright from your description so I probably wouldn't have a problem, plus I'm full on white, but that's besides the point. A lot of times I will avoid somebody with a swastika tattoo if they seem pretty sketchy. For example, if there's some biker dude rocking a swastika I probably will steer clear of him just because he could be one of the gang banging types. That isn't necessarily true, however, I don't really wanna find out.

• Members

Any hint of negative vibes about the place, person, or thing you're getting tattooed and its time to GTFO.

{censored} is permanent man, this is not the kind of thing you wanna risk period. Call cancel your appointment for whatever reason you wanna make up and move on. Trust me (us).

There are plenty of good artists out there that don't have such risks.

Archived