NAD: Triple Rectumfrier

Beasleyboy

• Members

i'm not the biggest fan of the recto eq, just a pain in the ass to dial for me; but my old settings were:

modern(red)

gain- 1:00, with maxon boost
bass- 10:00
mid- 3:00- maxed
treb 10:00
pres- 3:00
channel master- 10:00ish
output- loud as hell

once you bring the treb down below half it increases the mids, and when you compensate with the pres, it will give you a little bite back, and a little higher mids......

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not as good as a 6505 but it's okay. I'd take my 6505 over the rec any day though.

:rolleyes:

I've owned both a 5150 and my DR, at the same time. To different amps that sound completely different. What's the point in comparing them? I was tired of having the same tone on my 5150 regardless of what I did. The Recto allows for more variation.

• Members
If you were being sarcastic I didn't know. I know the other guy was being serious.

I mean if you guys can't understand why someone would compare the amp and post their experience then I don't know...

If i see someone with the same amp I have I'll post what I think about it. And sometimes what I think about it might have something to do with another amp.

To me, that's how conversation works. If we was in person talking about amps one thing would lead to another and other amps would be brought up. But for some reason on here some people think that can't be done.

If you mentioned an amp to someone in person and you were talking about it no one would talk about another amp that was like it or talk about how it compared to something else they've had?

It's like I said... when I posted about my new mesa people talked about how it stacked against other amps and I liked that conversation. Discovered some new amps even.

:blah::bor:

:lol:

• Members

Thanks for your suggestions! I already post on boogie board so I'm also reading some stuff over there. I'll throw my MXR 10-band in the loop and throw my OCD infront of it when I get home and see what kind of results I get. Ya and I also figured I would have to open this beast up to get the good tones, I'm going to really crank it tonight.

Observe and report.

• Members
From my experience, I wouldn't waste too much time worrying about how it sounds when it's quiet.

Rectos sound a LOT different when their power sections get moving...trying to dial them in at low volumes isn't really a good way to hear your Recto how it was meant to be played.

+1, great amps once you get a little volume going.

I actually preferred the TRec over the duals I've owned tbh. :thu:

• Members

The Triple rect is AWESOME...

it should sound great no matter what volume you are at..something with yours is definitley not right!

I think you should stick with MESA tubes!!

Same here, I own a triple recto and it sounds good at bedroom volume and it sounds good at cranked volumes, I'm also sticking with mesa tubes.

• Members

Ok so I through the EQ in the loop and threw the OCD in front of it and really cranked this sucker. I only had about 20 minutes so I didn't get to mess with too many settings, but this thing screams once you open it up! I'll still probably throw in some new preamp and power tubes and see what happens. This thing is also loud as {censored}!

Archived