NAD: Triple Rectumfrier

Beasleyboy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My recto sound fairly tight and pretty much buzz free.

The real trick is a small cab and EL34s. I put 6L6's in there once and as soon as i played a chord it was buzz city. Put the EL34s back in and it was fine.

Favorite tone so far:

Channel3, modern mode.

Master and Presence at 11 o'clock

Gain at 3 o'clock

Bass at 1 o'clock

Mids at 11:30

Treble and 12:30

Turn the output up past 9 and ROCK

Keep in mind my amp is a Dual Rec and my cab is a tiny 2x12, so idk if these setting will translate will well with a Triple and an over sized 4x12, but the work great for me

(ps, not a Bugera)

103_1332.jpg

• Members

The real trick is a small cab and EL34s. I put 6L6's in there once and as soon as i played a chord it was buzz city. Put the EL34s back in and it was fine.

Favorite tone so far:

Channel3, modern mode.

Gain at 3 o'clock

Bass at 1 o'clock

Keep in mind my amp is a Dual Rec and my cab is a tiny 2x12, so idk if these setting will translate will well with a Triple and an over sized 4x12, but the work great for me

(ps, not a Bugera)

103_1332.jpg

Wait you're telling me the Rectifier was buzz free and tight?

CLIPS NAO! :o

• Members

Favorite tone so far:

Channel3, modern mode.

Gain at 3 o'clock

Bass at 1 o'clock

(ps, not a Bugera)

103_1332.jpg

{censored}ing deja'vu! I usually run the 212 on top my 412 though:thu:
1.jpg

• Members
Wait you're telling me the Rectifier was buzz free and tight?

CLIPS NAO!
:o

hahaha, dude i would but i have no way too lol.

Seriously, the small closed back cab does and EL34s do wonders for Rectos

• Members

{censored}ing deja'vu! I usually run the 212 on top my 412 though:thu:

1.jpg

thats awesome!

It sounds great, and i love it because its so easy to bring to gigs. It's a kicking little setup! Try my settings, see if you like em =p

what are your favorite channel 2 settings? I've been messing around with them a lot, but i can't get a sound i really like.

Oh, and mines open back too... I just made a back out of plywood and duct taped it down. It works for now haha

• Members

thats awesome!

It sounds great, and i love it because its so easy to bring to gigs. It's a kicking little setup! Try my settings, see if you like em =p

what are your favorite channel 2 settings? I've been messing around with them a lot, but i can't get a sound i really like.

Oh, and mines open back too... I just made a back out of plywood and duct taped it down. It works for now haha

Ive been using channel 2 almost exclusively opposed to 3. But I have had 3 on modern. Think I will try vintage on 3 at practice Tuesday. I use a boost on 2 vintage during leads and some heavier tunes. Like in my other post mine is open back, but if I remember I will upload a pic of my channel 2 settings.

• Members

Ive been using channel 2 almost exclusively opposed to 3. But I have had 3 on modern. Think I will try vintage on 3 at practice Tuesday. I use a boost on 2 vintage during leads and some heavier tunes. Like in my other post mine is open back, but if I remember I will upload a pic of my channel 2 settings.

I would greatly appreciate that.

• Members
I would greatly appreciate that.

Remember, my setup is different. At practice I only run my 412 and at gigs I put the 212 on top of it, and my 212 is open back. I dont like to tweak all the time, so I got a sound I liked and stuck with it. I run a mxr micro amp up front that I use for leads and a lil more meat on some heavier tunes.
CIMG0917.jpg

• Members

The OCD with the Recto is a good combination ( well, OCD with anything is good).

I use a MXR 10 band EQ with my DR also as the OP hinted at trying. I really like the EQ in the loop. Pick one up at GC and try it out and do a 30 day return if you don't like it.

Like El34s in the DR also.

• Members
hahaha, dude i would but i have no way too lol.

Seriously, the small closed back cab does and EL34s do wonders for Rectos

:cry: I really want to try to like the rectos because they have such a huge sound I just don't get along with the bottom end at all.

• Members

turn the bass down?
:confused:

Wouldn't that take away a bit from the huge sound though? I'm not arguing with anyone on anything because I've only played a Triple Rec once and that was at low volume before I knew how to dial it in right I just don't know these amps very well besides that all the recorded tones I've heard from them have been loose.

Btw I dig the screenname. Homer Simpson is the king of idiots. :love: If that's what it's referring to :lol:.

Archived