Help...stop me from going broke...

kayman121

• Members

Recommendation: Bang the wife/girlfriend if you have one or pound the plank to some skinemax, then find some songs you've wanted to learn or finish learning for a while and work on them, and forget about buying something you can't afford. :phil:

• Members
Recommendation: Bang the wife/girlfriend if you have one or pound the plank to some skinemax, then find some songs you've wanted to learn or finish learning for a while and work on them, and forget about buying something you can't afford. :phil:

Better yet, if you are married and are a bit like I was when I was married, I recommend doing something kind of cool and unexpected but affordable for the wife and have fun playing the awesome gear you already seem to own. :cool:

• Members

You should be more like someone who has enough self-control to not need to ask the internet to keep them from buying something they can't afford.
:idk:

To afford something to me means a) no debt b) doesn't get in the way of necesseties c) doesn't cut into savings

I can afford this amp if I wanted to. The question is, is it worth the pricetag...if I wanted it should I go new or used...? how much is too much? You also need to stop taking a thread started with a mild humorous undertone so seriously :thu:

• Members
You should be more like someone who has enough self-control to not need to ask the internet to keep them from buying something they can't afford.
:idk:

STFU NOOB!!!

Buy the amp!!! buy it now!!! LOL and JK. clips don't lie. keep listening them over and see if that's the tone you really want.

• Members

lol, wrong forum if you want to be talked out of an amp. If you love the unique tone of the amp, then it's worth the pricetag IMO. Only you can determine that though, everyone's view of that will be different. I would also go used unless you're positive you're going to keep it forever. They are built very well, so used shouldn't be a problem, and that way you could off it and not lose money if you decide it's not your thing. I've seen them sell between $2800-3100 on the used market, but ymmv. It covers a wide range of tones from clean to mean, and does them all exceptionally well if you like the Diezel voicing. I can also tell you that it sounds sick through your Mills cab. :thu:

btw, that's a crazy stable of amps you're building. Did you end up keeping the Savage and Invader? I bet the Herbert would sound sick with either of those amps, or the Titan in stereo. :love:

• Members

lol, wrong forum if you want to be talked out of an amp. If you love the unique tone of the amp, then it's worth the pricetag IMO. Only you can determine that though, everyone's view of that will be different. I would also go used unless you're positive you're going to keep it forever. They are built very well, so used shouldn't be a problem, and that way you could off it and not lose money if you decide it's not your thing. I've seen them sell between $2800-3100 on the used market, but ymmv. It covers a wide range of tones from clean to mean, and does them all exceptionally well if you like the Diezel voicing. I can also tell you that it sounds sick through your Mills cab.
:thu:

btw, that's a crazy stable of amps you're building. Did you end up keeping the Savage and Invader? I bet the Herbert would sound sick with either of those amps, or the Titan in stereo.
:love:

Yeah, I figured if I got new and don't like it, I'm out at least a grand, whereas I can break even (or very close) if I got used.

Also, I ended up keeping the Invader (should update sig). Both equally great amps IMO, but the Invader suits my progressive/death metuhlz style playing more :)

• Members
Yeah, I figured if I got new and don't like it, I'm out at least a grand, whereas I can break even (or very close) if I got used.

Also, I ended up keeping the Invader (should update sig). Both equally great amps IMO, but the Invader suits my progressive/death metuhlz style playing more
:)

yeah, used is definitely the way to go. I was recommended to try and get one with the LED fault lights on the back, haven't confirmed if there is any tonal difference however. Also, I missed you had a Roadster. Believe it or not, I thought the Recto kicked ass with the Herbert. It was one of those combos I thought would step all over eachother, but sounded sick when I combined them, I was really shocked.

• Members

yeah, used is definitely the way to go. I was recommended to try and get one with the LED fault lights on the back, haven't confirmed if there is any tonal difference however. Also, I missed you had a Roadster. Believe it or not, I thought the Recto kicked ass with the Herbert. It was one of those combos I thought would step all over eachother, but sounded sick when I combined them, I was really shocked.

I think I could see how that'd be the case

• Members

The herbie is the one amp that I would consider selling my Sig:X for, provided that it came with 6550s.

I would require a day of A/Bing it but I would certainly consider it.

I have no interest in a VH4 though :idk:

Archived