No more Brooks and Dunn

musicdog400

• Members

Local country cover bands KILL rock or metal bands here! This one guitar player I was chatting with at a show quit his metal band and went country. He makes $550 a gig (his cut) and they have 400 people+ at most bars they play. Always get Homecoming and Fair gigs. He said they practically begged people to come to their metal band shows, besides the fact his gigs are 60% or more wimmenz! He said the wimminz at his metal shows were meh compared to what he sees now.

I think thats pretty much true just about anywhere except for maybe The big cities in California, Chigago,New York City, and maybe a few larger cities across the country. Other than those few places, a big percentage of the population listen to country, even some people who listen to rock, also listen to country, especially women, because they get these crushes on the country singers. Another thing , the women singers in country are more numerous, and by far hotter than female rock singers.

My uncle Frank in Monroe Louisiana is the other guitarist in my family, and he tends to play more country than anything else for that very same reason...more money, ALOT more money, and hotter chicks:idk:When {censored} talks, horndogs listen:idk:

• Members
But they didn't do that song. lol That's big and rich.

:facepalm:

And John Rich has been a Nashville staple for a long, long time before he joined up with Big Kenny. He's been doing solo stuff the last year so, actually. And has written more top singles than most people here have clicked years on this earth. :lol:

But I guess if B&D and B&R weren't on country radio, Opeth would get more airtime there, eh? The fail is strong today...

:lol::lol::facepalm:

• Members

I slightly prefer the sundress-with-cowboy-boots look.

There's more than 1, usually there. It's all about the variety, and that is definitely another popular look. I think I slightly prefer it too. Esp at late summer/early fall festivals, when halters are at an all-time high! :love::love:

• Members
No worries, there are plenty of those as well
:cool:

I need to learn to appreciate and play outlaw country.
:facepalm:

In my country band we had IEMs and a talkback mic through the board- anyone a chicka with a "generous" chest would walk by or hit the dancefloor, he'd yell "Kapow!" or something through the talkback.

It was pretty funny, except when you're doing "The Dance" by Garth, and the lights are dim and nobody really knows why the band just started cracking up.
:lol:

• Members

I like good country. My sister's BF is in a great country band. They're more Americana than country.

The {censored} you hear on the top-40 country stations will make me shoot myself if you confine me in a closed space with nothing but that and a pistol.

Archived