I'm thinking of going to the dark side...

guitarbilly74

• Members

Billy i had a spidervalve 1X12 and it was a pretty cool amp, especially for a 'grab and go' kinda deal -- the tone still retained some of the line 6 digitalness/fuzz in the tones BUT it was better/warmer with the bogner tubes, for the $$$ its not a bad buy and ill could possibly buy 1 again down the road however......

That said (drumroll please) .............................................................

My Vox Valvetronix 120 original blue head PISSES all over it! I put this bitch on a closed back 2X12 and its instant :love: :love:, no joke bro - i know you have tried alot of amps 1 day you have to try the older head on a good cabinet and it will cover all your tonal needs (blues, cleans, od, hard rock and metal'ish' tones) its da seckzzy raaawkkk. :rawk:

{censored} i really have to try and put a clip up 1 of these days, theres not enough clips of the amp around, i think this amp would be GREAT for your style/playing and its btw all knobs, eq-ing, dial your tone like a regular amp! - no screens, parameters, LCDs or menus!

:idea:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

{censored} the tone snobs. :facepalm:

If you can get the sound you want out of it, it's easier for you to use while gigging and the audience digs the show (and more than likely they wouldn't even notice or care if you were using a different amp) then you should do it. I'll concede that a t00b amp might be a much better option for recording, but c'mon... how often do you get to really full tilt the legacy at a gig anyway?

Archived