You Suck

333maxwell

• Members

No.. not you.. I mean the song.. well I don't mean the song.. I mean that is it's title..

I do an awful lot of genre hopping, I thought I would visit an area I haven't visited in a few decades..

Like to hear any thoughts.. I wish I had a tape console so I could run it all through and saturate it a bit.. but this was about the best I could come up with (I wrote and recorded it to entirety yesterday because I had to have a song for a another reason) on the spur..

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10338363

• Members

I can imagine one of those "80's movie rebellious moment scenes" when the character ends up in a punk rock bar feeling all sorry for themselves. This music would be perfect for one of those placements, and if the movie was big enough, probably even be a moderate hit.

I like everything about it. The sloppiness, the raw vocals, it all comes together brilliantly.

• Members

IF your aim was to make a crazy cool 80s romper - you succeeded fabulously.

Only thing is the music veers pretty kinda close to Poison's Talk Dirty to me - mostly with that one to three chord progression and that riff riff riff riff riff riff riff ....

I think it's the same progression - there At the Drive In.....

• Members

I can imagine one of those "80's movie rebellious moment scenes" when the character ends up in a punk rock bar feeling all sorry for themselves. This music would be perfect for one of those placements, and if the movie was big enough, probably even be a moderate hit.

I like everything about it. The sloppiness, the raw vocals, it all comes together brilliantly.

It certainly isn't something I would want to try and re-create.. *L*.. I woke up angry for no particular reason, the rest is history..

Appreciate your thoughts on her..

Peace~

• Members

IF your aim was to make a crazy cool 80s romper - you succeeded fabulously.

Only thing is the music veers pretty kinda close to Poison's Talk Dirty to me - mostly with that one to three chord progression and that riff riff riff riff riff riff riff ....

I think it's the same progression - there At the Drive In.....

The 80's were a miserable time for this working musician.. nothing worse than hearing someone scream 'Wham' and being totally serious, from the crowd.. *L*

I was shooting more for a 77-78 vibe.. right before things became too pretty and too synthy.

As for the 'progression'.. , I can think of hundreds of songs that with slight temp changes could be used as a template for the ditty.. it's the basic 1 5 7 .. I'll claim no originality there (but Poison wont either).. although it certainly wasn't a copy.. just a visit to the same old tired 3 chords ..

Somebody, some day.. has GOT to come up with a few more chords for us to play with.. that would be cool.. hey, there are now 23 whole chords and 18 half chords.. have fun.. .... that said, something tells me I would still be stuck on the same old 3 chords.. *L*

Thanks for the fun man~

• Members

Oh yeah, I can SO hear this as an 80s-style punk-infused rock thing...and I can also hear it in a movie...very cool song.

thanks for the thoughts..

Now if you'll kindly get that movie script settled so we can get this thing rolling~!! :)

• Members

I'm keen on "Cave-man-esque" rockers like this; gots nice harmony on the guitars, nice tone as well; vibe like you COULD nail it with the guitars slung low, and after a bunch of hard alcohol in some grimy dive...Puts me in mind of the Clash a little in the vocal...IMH(ROOKIE)Opinion...

Archived