College Rant - Female Teachers

ckreon

• Members

Ive had a few good ones over the years.

I have to say that women professors aren't all that bad. I have had mostly GREAT women professors. People that I consider friends now.

The worst ones though are the "critical thinking, progressive, feminist" professors that almost always are involved with some sort of woman only, non-profit org types.

I've had 3 of them, and they were ALL the same.

You can never win with them either, for fun, a ficticious example:

Student: "I was eating at the restaurant the other night and our waiter, or waitress, can't remember, was acting real funny. I'm just gonna go ahead and say he was a waiter (as to not provoke said woman power teacher)."

Woman Power Professor: "Why are you saying it was a waiter, are you saying a woman can't do the same job?"

Student: No, I just think it was a man and not a women, now that I think about it, I believe it was actually a woman."

Woman Power Professor: "So, you're saying that only women are waitresses, and they should only serve men?"

Student: :facepalm:

{censored} like this happens quite a bit with these types. Don't even get them started on anything dealing with sex, religion or politics. {censored}.

• Members

Also, as an added tip that I learned my freshman year of college. If on the first day you get the feeling your teacher is going to be ridiculous in both opinion, grading and beliefs- just stand up and walk the {censored} out. WALK the {censored} out of that class asap.

It makes no sense beating your head over an axe grinder. Learning is supposed to be fun, no one should have to learn on eggshells and be afraid to question a professor in the sake of knowledge because some bitch can't keep her emotions to herself and do what shes paid to do- teach with no bias. Goes for men professors too.

• Members

Here is your reason. I am a male college prof and am constantly astounded by the crap my female peers have to put up with from male students. The level of disrespect is unfathomable. So they have no choice but to put up strict walls to keep students like you from thinking that they can get away with {censored} just because the teacher is an attractive female.

This seems like it would be the ultimate reason.

• Members

OP is wrong

in HS all teachers were strict. i guess its because we were young and stupid

in college my female professors were the coolest. the male professors a little more serious, but none of them were strict. they treated me like their peers.

i guess its because we are all adults

• Members

Found an exception to my own rule today - my math instructor is an older lady - totally laid back.

Ah, the exciting day of discovering your new teachers.

And to those saying walk out - haven't had anyone that bad. My point was more that the female instructors I've had were more strict and formal. Again, I have had a few male instructors the same way, but the majority of them are fairly laid back and very casual.

Different styles I guess, they all basically lead to the same thing, one just takes a straighter path.

Archived