New idea - feedback?

Lee Knight

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't like "cake." It was more the contradiction of "Piece of cake" (which i expect you're alluding to) and "When the going get's rough." They seem to be pulling in opposite directions.

Udder than that it was engaging.

• Moderators

First, I think everybody's ideas are very well thought out, especially Stickboy's and Rhino's "klicks."

Second, as for the changes you're thinking of in the section above, I think the first and second new lines are really, really good. But getting your defense "in line" is kinda weak. I'd stick with something relating to crime, maybe:

If I could make sense

• Members

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Switch to the "I'll's" and the "gonna's" and away from the "I'd's" right there... hmmm... to the self assured machismo and awy from the wimpy dreaming. mm-hmmm???

Exactly. I think the dreaming should still be there as a subtext, but that characterization will arise indirectly from how you draw him in the foregound and let the audience self-direct to the realization of how self-deluding his macho posturing really is.

• Members

2nd revision:

I'm gonna take... what's mine

It's just a matter... of time

It's gonna be... the perfect crime

I own it, man, I own it!

I don't know. I think I like it better the way you had it before:

If I could make sense

• Members

?

A little taller

From a crown of thorns

I'd steer my life

Grab it by the horns

?

bonus points for working in a crown of thorns reference, but I dont think it works in the context of this song.

A little taller

And man enough

I'd steer my life

Make my own luck

• Moderators

You get free beer when I come to your town and rock your posse! I'll even invite you up to play melodica!

Yes, I am lifting phrases in their entirety and pretending I wrote them. You gotta a problem with that?!?!? :) It's all ME baby! I'm bitchen! Just like the song. :)

You see, I figure, if I stick some crap out there and thee are good writers around, they can't help themselves. "Here. Take my great line and pretend you wrote it. It's free!"

Archived