Question for Snax-FX users??

MattACaster

• Members

I wonder how the snax takes other pedals... especially the whammy and wah.

dont need pedals. You can insert a wah block (and/or pitch shift) in your snaxfx preset anywhere in the matrix and use an expression pedal to control the sweep/whammy.

Thats what I do - works so well I sold my real wah pedal (buddha bud-wah) and now just use my snaxfx and my midi controller

• Members

You're gonna get a
:snax:
-fx? P:eek:
:eek::cry:

Considering it. I think I'm going to need a lot of FX and amp sounds for the new band.

I'd rather have it all in one place with something like the Axe-FX or even a Randall MTS and a floor processor than hauling around a couple amps and a big ass pedal board.

I just added a chorus pedal to my pedal board yesterday and that as big as I want to get with it....

A rack with the Axe-FX, power conditioner and power amp would be a pretty sweet and small rig. Combine that with a stereo 2x12 and a decent sized floor controller it's it's be a pretty sweet and somewhat small rig for what it can do.

• Members

What is the new band?

Answer a CL add for an alternative/radio rock type band. Went and tried out last Fri and got in. :thu:

Light stuff than I'm used to playing which is good because playing out of my comfort zone will make me a better player. Plus, I'm only doing backup vocals which means I'm not playing straight chords and can add more texture to songs. The only issue that I am now finding my current setup to be very limiting. :facepalm:

• Members

None of your amps can handle the task? Really?

What the hell kinda band could be not covered by your amps is mind boggling.

I think the biggest issue is that all my amps are 1 or 2 channel. I'm finding myself wishing for a 3rd.

I think the biggest selling point is having my preamp and FX all tied into once place. Less tap dancing. :love:

• Members
I think the biggest issue is that all my amps are 1 or 2 channel. I'm finding myself wishing for a 3rd.

I think the biggest selling point is having my preamp and FX all tied into once place. Less tap dancing.
:love:

Use that multi fx unit you've got and either the Marshall, Recto, or Stiletto.

Whats the other guitarist using?

• Members

:lol::cop:

Whats the band name?

This originals or covers?

Established or a start up?

Screw the gear, I'm interested in what you're doing
with
the gear.

Signs Point East

Originals with some covers thrown in.

Tail end of the start-up phase. Their MP3s on the MySpace are pretty rough. The singer recorded them in his condo so he couldn't be loud. Much better in person. The bass player is insane and as much of a gear whore as I am! :love:

I'm also considering the RM100 or the RM preamp since they are midi. But we'll see. I'm going to keep bring different amps and guitars to every practice and see what clicks.

• Members
Signs Point East

Originals with some covers thrown in.

Tail end of the start-up phase. Their MP3s on the MySpace are pretty rough. The singer recorded them in his condo so he couldn't be loud. Much better in person. The bass player is insane and as much of a gear whore as I am!
:love:

I'm also considering the RM100 or the RM preamp since they are midi. But we'll see. I'm going to keep bring different amps and guitars to every practice and see what clicks.

Will check it out at home when I get a chance.

I'd go for the RM4 rather than an RM100.

More flexibility and you'll have a rack anyway.
Plus the RM100 is a HEAVY {censored}er so if you're gonna go heavy, might as well get the perks of the rack version.

• Members

Will check it out at home when I get a chance.

I'd go for the RM4 rather than an RM100.

More flexibility and you'll have a rack anyway.

Plus the RM100 is a HEAVY {censored}er so if you're gonna go heavy, might as well get the perks of the rack version.

Yeah, I think the RM4 with the matching power amp would be a good way to go. Then I'd just have to figure out what modules I'd want. Definitely the Blackface and 1086. Then maybe Vox-ish and something that does a good crunch.

• Members

axe-fx works great with other pedals. I use a zvex fuzz factory and a silver machine wah in front of mine. I've used a keeley TS9 in front of it in the past, but the built in keeley TS9 works just as good if not better.

You can emulate the wah too but I'm just too lazy. The only thing I cant do is the FF.

-W

• Members

Well there are a couple pros and cons of each man.

Randall will be heavier and ultimately more expensive imo and you'd have to get an fx unit.

However it'd have greater on the fly tweakability, and probably feel and sound more like what you're used to.

obviously the ax will be less cash and more flexible. Also lighter.

It will however be a whole new adventure I assume and not easily tweaked on the fly.

Plus not that tube amps are super reliable, id be a bit worried gigging with software.

Archived