Guys who workout, what do you eat?

jlc1587

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eat a big breakfast (but don't eat junk). Don't give this excuse like, "I don't have time for breakfast" or "I just don't like breakfast". Well, you need to make time in the morning, and find something to eat in the morning that you enjoy. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, seriously. Also, people who eat their biggest meal for dinner are backwards. Dinner should be your smallest meal of the day. You eat a {censored}-ton of food then a few hours later you go to bed. If you don't burn off all of those calories, guess where they go :idea: ?

Another thing that people should do is avoid fried food and softdrinks. If people were actually shown the amount of sugar (i.e. actually weighed a pile of sugar) they ingested in a 12oz. soft drink, I think more people would opt for water or something else.

Everything else is just eat in moderation. Don't stuff yourself at any 1 meal. I always eat just enough to make it to my next meal (usually spaced 4 hours apart).

P.S. I lost 50lbs last year. So I've been on both sides myself. I used to weigh 225lbs now I way 175lbs at 10% body fat.

• Members
Eat a big breakfast (but don't eat junk). Don't give this excuse like, "
I don't have time for breakfast" or "I just don't like breakfast".
Well, you need to make time in the morning, and find something to eat in the morning that you enjoy. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, seriously. Also, people who eat their biggest meal for dinner are backwards. Dinner should be your smallest meal of the day. You eat a {censored}-ton of food then a few hours later you go to bed. If you don't burn off all of those calories, guess where they go
:idea:
?

Another thing that people should do is avoid fried food and softdrinks. If people were actually shown the amount of sugar (i.e. actually weighed a pile of sugar) they ingested in a 12oz. soft drink, I think more people would opt for water or something else.

Everything else is just eat in moderation. Don't stuff yourself at any 1 meal. I always eat just enough to make it to my next meal (usually spaced 4 hours apart).

I start work at 7 am I cant eat at 5:30 am, and if I stop to eat I could lose my job (yes the cunts are that bad), so tell me how :p

• Members
I have a funny feeling that you are as skinny as hell.

Nah Neil, I am quite short but not skinny at all. Wish I was. I weigh about 65kg now and I'm 170cm. I think that's about 5ft 8 and 10.5 stone? I used to be a right fat bastard as a kid, normal weight thru teens, then put on weight when I started working. But recently I started jogging and lost 10kg in about 6 months :) Happy with my shape now just need to muscle up a bit.

If you were referring to the 3 gallons thing that's 13.5 litres! You'll surely get poisoned if you drink that much?

• Members
I start work at 7 am I cant eat at 5:30 am, and if I stop to eat I could lose my job (yes the cunts are that bad), so tell me how
:p

Wake up earlier. Yes, it sucks but do it. I get to work at 7am myself. Take a shower before you go to bed to give you an extra 10mins in the morning to eat.

• Members
Nah Neil, I am quite short but not skinny at all. Wish I was. I weigh about 65kg now and I'm 170cm. I think that's about 5ft 8 and 10.5 stone? I used to be a right fat bastard as a kid, normal weight thru teens, then put on weight when I started working. But recently I started jogging and lost 10kg in about 6 months
:)
Happy with my shape now just need to muscle up a bit.

Same height as me but I am about 72KG at the moment :( I am getting fat in my old age, I have started going to Karate again I think I also need to take up jogging.. I just need to push myself and jog at night so no one can see me fail lol.

• Members
I start work at 7 am I cant eat at 5:30 am, and if I stop to eat I could lose my job (yes the cunts are that bad), so tell me how
:p

Dang that's bad. Tell them that your wellbeing will affect your productivity. We get free fruits and {censored} at my work and everyone can start at pretty much when they want as long as they do the work.

• Members
Same height as me but I am about 72KG at the moment
:(
I am getting fat in my old age, I have started going to Karate again I think I also need to take up jogging.. I just need to push myself and jog at night so no one can see me fail lol.

I'd love to start learning a martial art! I used to do Aikido a bit but completely forgotten most of it. As for jogging I've never done more than 5 miles at a time. I just go on 3.5 mile run around my area (nice wooded valley) 3 times a week. I struggled a bit at first but when I learnt to control pace it got easy. I find it really exhilarating to go on a jog after being sat on my chair the whole day. Helps me sleep better too.

• Members
Wake up earlier. Yes, it sucks but do it. I get to work at 7am myself. Take a shower before you go to bed to give you an extra 10mins in the morning to eat.

Never happen :( I am a night person, waking up in the morning for me is like a commando mission Wake up and out. I leave it unto the last possible second.

But its something I will have to improve I need to get some cereal bars at least.

• Members
I'd love to start learning a martial art! I used to do Aikido a bit but completely forgotten most of it. As for jogging I've never done more than 5 miles at a time. I just go on 3.5 mile run around my area (nice wooded valley) 3 times a week. I struggled a bit at first but when I learnt to control pace it got easy. I find it really exhilarating to go on a jog after being sat on my chair the whole day. Helps me sleep better too.

I love doing Karate, its also helped with my stress levels.
But your right I think jogging will help too, I also use the stairs at work for all 7 floors. (well in this building I have worked in a few with over 40 :facepalm:)

• Members

Breakfast: Omelette with 3 eggs + 30g Proteins from shake

lunch: chicken salad

dinner: 300g of Chickenbreast w/salad and a few cashewnuts

after workout: 30g protein

tuna salad or omelette later.

:snax: for the day: Pistachio

Lots and lots of water...
Most of the energy comes from Proteins and fats.

• Members

egg whites and turkey bacon on whole wheat every morning OR plain cheerios without any milk.
Turkey/Ham sub on 12 inches of grain bread with lettuce and tomato OR Turkey burgers plain or grilled chicken with veggies.
In between these two meals i eat 1/4 of lean turkey breast with a fork, no bread.
For Dinner its either fish or chicken that my wife makes, once in a blue red meat and lots of salad.
I do snack more often than i should on trail mixes and things like that, but i keep pretty healthy. I lost 17lbs since last april, i have 10 to go to get to my optimum weight.

• Members

Oh man, I could go on forever in this thread, seriously... I could go on and on about what I ate when I was trying to lose weight, what I was eating when I was bulking, what I eat when I'm cutting and what I eat when I'm being a lazy sack of {censored}....

First off:

1) How old are you
2) How tall are you
3) How much do you weigh
4) You are a cop, so you must be looking for strength and stamina right?
5) Any allergies? Lactose intolerance? Religious food restrictions?

Answer those and we can get you one hell of a workout/diet plan...

-Curtis

• Members
Oh man, I could go on forever in this thread, seriously... I could go on and on about what I ate when I was trying to lose weight, what I was eating when I was bulking, what I eat when I'm cutting and what I eat when I'm being a lazy sack of {censored}....

First off:

1) How old are you

2) How tall are you

3) How much do you weigh

4) You are a cop, so you must be looking for strength and stamina right?

5) Any allergies? Lactose intolerance? Religious food restrictions?

Answer those and we can get you one hell of a workout/diet plan...

-Curtis

Help me out too!

1) 25
2) 6'0"
3) 250 lb :facepalm:
4) I am looking for speed and stamina. Strength is not my problem.
5) No

• Members

Breakfast = colon blow cereal with whole milk, coffee

Lunch = Some combo of soup, salad, and or a half club sandwich, water and coffee

Dinner = some gigantic portion of Mexican, Italian, Chinese, etc. water

Fourth Meal = Meatballs, Chips, salsa, dip, buffalo chicken dip, chocolate, lots of beer, whiskey, gin, champagne, toast, sausage, waffles, syrup, tacos, lasagna, more soup

Yeah, I need to get back to eating better :(

• Members
Help me out too!

1) 25

2) 6'0"

3) 250 lb
:facepalm:
4) I am looking for speed and stamina. Strength is not my problem.

5) No

1) You're now low on testosterone. It starts to take a dive after 18.
2) OKay
3) Oh boy, been there hombre, I feel you....
4) Be prepared for at least 18 months of work to start seeing really satisfying results... 4 days a week for 1.5 hours.
5) Sweet....

Okay, try some of this....

Things you'll need more of: Lots of chicken, beef, DARK GREEN VEGETABLES and high fat food. I mean Omega 3's, Avocado's, nuts, whole dairy cheeses and olive oil. You may supplement with Whey protein.

Things you'll want to cut out: Grains, breads, processed cheese, overprocesed sandwich meats a la blogna, (deli turkey, beef jerkey, pepperoni are all okay,) soda, fruit juice, (I know right, but seriously, cut it out,) and reduce your milk intake.

You'll need to eat a lot of protein and green veggies 5 times a day. You'll need to have about 750ml of water with every meal. That comes to almost 4 litres of water a day.

If that's a lot of meat to take in, eggs work great, as does taking in whey protein. I like vanilla with a handful of blueberries and milk. this should be a post workout specific meal, and first thing in the day, quickly followed by 4-6 egg whites and spinach or broccoli.

You will eat every 2 hours, it looks somthing like this.

Wake up: two scoops whey protein with milk

1 hr

Meal one: 4-6 egg whites, spinach, water, nuts or seeds

1 hr

Snack: Jerkey/Pepperoni/Deli Turkey, nuts, water

1 hr

Meal: Chicken breast, large cup of cooked broccoli, (more nutrients in broccoli when you cook it,) nuts and water, (Omega 3's as well.)

1 hr

Snack: Salad, with nuts, olive oil, some fruit and vinegarette

1hr

Meal: Second chicken breast, large cup of broccoli, nuts, water and Omega 3 supplements

1hr

Preworkout: Water and Jerkey/Pepperoni/Deli Turkey. No sugars or fat at this point

Post workout: Whey with handfull of blueberries and milk

2hrs

Meal: Beef or pork. Higher levels of iron and good fats in these and it's a great "long term" builder for your muscles to process. Lots of water and green vegetables

Snack: Salad

Exercise is a bit trickier.... if you're looking to lose weight for the first bit, that's essential. I suggest the rowing machine, running, elliptical, HIIT (high intensity interval training) with the skipping rope, some moderate weights, especially your legs, core and back.

Why so much food??

When you deprive your body of carbohnbydrates, your body goes into starvation. If you constantly give it protein to work with, it will need to find a source of fuel to put it to use. This is where your fat stores come in handy. They're actually just carbs that have been converted to fat. Now, when you cut out carbs your body needs to go to those fat stores and use them to make into "glycogen". this is the fuel that will put the protein to work.

So basically, your body is starving and bui;ding healthy muscle at the same time. If you alwasy give yoru body something to work with, your metabolism will always be going... even when you're sleeping.

This is a general way of doing it, and finding an exercise regimen that works best for you is essential. Just stick to it. I'm the worst for this. Sticking to a specific regimen and being disciplined is very hard for me, but I know when I was losing weight it was easier because I was focused on not having a heart attack by 30 like my grandfather...

-Curtis

• Members
1) You're now low on testosterone. It starts to take a dive after 18.

2) OKay

3) Oh boy, been there hombre, I feel you....

4) Be prepared for at least 18 months of work to start seeing really satisfying results... 4 days a week for 1.5 hours.

5) Sweet....

Okay, try some of this....

Things you'll need more of: Lots of chicken, beef, DARK GREEN VEGETABLES and high fat food. I mean Omega 3's, Avocado's, nuts, whole dairy cheeses and olive oil. You may supplement with Whey protein.

Things you'll want to cut out: Grains, breads, processed cheese, overprocesed sandwich meats a la blogna, (deli turkey, beef jerkey, pepperoni are all okay,) soda, fruit juice, (I know right, but seriously, cut it out,) and reduce your milk intake.

You'll need to eat a lot of protein and green veggies 5 times a day. You'll need to have about 750ml of water with every meal. That comes to almost 4 litres of water a day.

If that's a lot of meat to take in, eggs work great, as does taking in whey protein. I like vanilla with a handful of blueberries and milk. this should be a post workout specific meal, and first thing in the day, quickly followed by 4-6 egg whites and spinach or broccoli.

You will eat every 2 hours, it looks somthing like this.

Wake up: two scoops whey protein with milk

1 hr

Meal one: 4-6 egg whites, spinach, water, nuts or seeds

1 hr

Snack: Jerkey/Pepperoni/Deli Turkey, nuts, water

1 hr

Meal: Chicken breast, large cup of cooked broccoli, (more nutrients in broccoli when you cook it,) nuts and water, (Omega 3's as well.)

1 hr

Snack: Salad, with nuts, olive oil, some fruit and vinegarette

1hr

Meal: Second chicken breast, large cup of broccoli, nuts, water and Omega 3 supplements

1hr

Preworkout: Water and Jerkey/Pepperoni/Deli Turkey. No sugars or fat at this point

Post workout: Whey with handfull of blueberries and milk

2hrs

Meal: Beef or pork. Higher levels of iron and good fats in these and it's a great "long term" builder for your muscles to process. Lots of water and green vegetables

Snack: Salad

Exercise is a bit trickier.... if you're looking to lose weight for the first bit, that's essential. I suggest the rowing machine, running, elliptical, HIIT (high intensity interval training) with the skipping rope, some moderate weights, especially your legs, core and back.

Why so much food??

When you deprive your body of carbohnbydrates, your body goes into starvation. If you constantly give it protein to work with, it will need to find a source of fuel to put it to use. This is where your fat stores come in handy. They're actually just carbs that have been converted to fat. Now, when you cut out carbs your body needs to go to those fat stores and use them to make into "glycogen". this is the fuel that will put the protein to work.

So basically, your body is starving and bui;ding healthy muscle at the same time. If you alwasy give yoru body something to work with, your metabolism will always be going... even when you're sleeping.

This is a general way of doing it, and finding an exercise regimen that works best for you is essential. Just stick to it. I'm the worst for this. Sticking to a specific regimen and being disciplined is very hard for me, but I know when I was losing weight it was easier because I was focused on not having a heart attack by 30 like my grandfather...

-Curtis

This post was really awesome and long, but I have a condensed version since I was in the EXACT same boat.

I jogged 5 days a week after work.

cut the liquor down to weekends

ate more fiber

= lost 40 lbs from march to July.:thu:

Archived