Guys who workout, what do you eat?

jlc1587

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B

My diet is {censored}ing weird. I've actually taken to posting all of my meals on my facebook status because I'm often asked about it.

I don't recommend my diet to anyone; ... In a conventional sense, it doesn't taste very good.

Edit: {censored}ing blackberry

I lost about half of my post there.

Anyway... Recommendations I can give are, break your meals into multiple smaller meals. When I'm doing well, I try to eat about six equal sized meals a day. And that thing people say about eating before bed is bumk. There is nothing wrong with eating before you sleep as long as you aren't eating junk.

• Members

I am not really new to all this stuff but since I started doing these tri's and getting serious, I find I have to really be strict. I would like to lose a little weight as I see the elite guys that have been doing tri's for years are lean as hell and I am kinda a short stubby dude.My biggest problem is I am such a carb addict. Ive tried atkins and I lose weight with it but the cravings dont go away for me. I dont know if its because I was a functioning alcoholic for years and that {censored}ed up my blood sugar or not since I thought that went away after a year or so sobriety and I am at 2.5 years. My mom has been on the Atkins induction phase for 2 years now :freak: she has lost a {censored}ton of weight, but she cant even eat more than 20 carbs a day!

• Members

This is the best advice I've seen here for gaining mass and strength. You simply have to consume calories on a heroic level to beat the typical 'hard gainer' genetics and approach your genetic potential muscle accrual.

This is pretty much how I trained when I started getting serious about lifting about 7 years ago, and went from 170 - 235 in about 4 years. You'll get to a point where you want to cut off the flub eventually, and you WILL gain fat mass along with a boatload of muscle.

If ultimate mass and strength is your goal, this is the way to do it. In retrospect, being a massive brute benching 350lbs with 17% bodyfat wasnt very fun (and not being able to run for {censored}, despite all the high rep squats and whatnot), and I took the above advice a little too far.

An ideal approach would be to moulate your diet and training from pure mass/strength to cardiovascular fitness/cutting once you learn how your body works and what it needs. Its nearly impossible to get huge and lean at the same time (unless you're using hormones or are a genetic freak), and trying to gain a lot of *lean* mass naturally requires a large amount of time and dedication.

Yeah, I'm not going for the epic hardcore bodybuilder look, or ability, I just want get stronger and look more like this

l_123e7cd2059585af48c2e7d5bf207659.jpg

than, well, like a cross country runner.

• Members

Oh man, I could go on forever in this thread, seriously... I could go on and on about what I ate when I was trying to lose weight, what I was eating when I was bulking, what I eat when I'm cutting and what I eat when I'm being a lazy sack of {censored}....

First off:

1) How old are you

2) How tall are you

3) How much do you weigh

4) You are a cop, so you must be looking for strength and stamina right?

5) Any allergies? Lactose intolerance? Religious food restrictions?

Answer those and we can get you one hell of a workout/diet plan...

-Curtis

If you don't mind helping me...

1. 20 (almost 21)

2. 6'3"

3. About 70kg which I guess is maybe a little over 150lb

4. I'm skinny and would like to be a big bigger, but that's not a big deal. Mainly I just want to have more energy because I feel tired a lot of the time even though I get 7-9 hours a night. It's been better since I started walking and running a year ago but still not what I'd like it to be.

5. None that I know of

• Members

No matter how much or how little I eat, I've never been able to break 135 or drop below 125 lbs. I hover in-between 125 and 130 right now, being 5'8".

Holy {censored}, you wouldn't last here without an an anchor in your pocket (because of the wind). I'm 5'7" and wouldn't want to drop below 175.

• Members
No matter how much or how little I eat, I've never been able to break 135 or drop below 125 lbs. I hover in-between 125 and 130 right now, being 5'8".

you're not eating enough :cop:

there's no such thing as a "hard gainer" there are just under eaters.

try to get 7 meals a day in with a minimum 120 grams of protein. drink protein shakes if that's what it takes.

• Members

Damn... have any advice for someone who's trying to drop that last, tenacious 5-10 pounds that's keeping them from their goal weight? My stats:

Eat less calories (or burn more) than your body needs to maintain it's weight...it's *that* simple....as a bonus if you can eat healthily at the same time you'll avoid being a 'fat' skinny person :D

I'm 6'1", 39 and dropped from 196 to 178 in a couple of months by counting what I ate, eating a limited amount of crap*1 and counting my exercise calories...and all that on a limited cardio plan (bum knees prevent me from doing most high impact stuff)

The hardest part for a busy schedule is actually eating *enough*...I add protein shakes or bars as necessary.

*1 sometimes I have to eat out...so I choose insanely sodium loaded chicken salads or burgers....{censored} happens.

Archived