Clean tone on a 5-position Strat = WIN! :love:

petejt

• Members

I just had a quick jam and out of curiosity picked up my housemate's Fender Strat. I prefer playing my own guitars but have played the Strat a little bit before, which was enough to convince me to get a coil-split for my humbuckers.

I kept the same settings on my MarkIV, so obviously was biased towards my own guitar (les paul copy ESP). Gainier tones were a bit nasal & "congested" sounding with the Strat, particularly for high gain. My own guitar has more roar in the mids rather than just honk. Mild gain/bluesy crunch wasn't too bad, the nasal thing works for that. Some of the aggressive top-end crunch was lost which was surprising, I thought it'd be brighter-sounding. Sounded good for lead though.

Well, I switched over to the clean channel, turned on the Electric Mistress for some warm swirl & added some echo, and in either the neck-middle position or middle-bridge position, the tone was orgasmic! :love:

I'd play near the neck and select the middle-bridge (4th position?), and INSTA-SPOONT! :love::eek::love::cop:

It was so crystal-like, so glassy and shimmery. With my own guitar I have to turn on two chorus pedals to get the same wideness and hall-like character.

• Members

I just had a quick jam and out of curiosity picked up my housemate's Fender Strat. I prefer playing my own guitars but have played the Strat a little bit before, which was enough to convince me to get a coil-split for my humbuckers.

I kept the same settings on my MarkIV, so obviously was biased towards my own guitar (les paul copy ESP). Gainier tones were a bit
nasal & "congested"
sounding with the Strat, particularly for high gain. My own guitar has more roar in the mids rather than just honk. Mild gain/bluesy crunch wasn't too bad, the nasal thing works for that. Some of the aggressive top-end crunch was lost which was surprising, I thought it'd be brighter-sounding. Sounded good for lead though.

Well, I switched over to the clean channel, turned on the Electric Mistress for some warm swirl & added some echo, and in either the neck-middle position or middle-bridge position, the tone was orgasmic!
:love:

I'd play near the neck and select the middle-bridge (4th position?), and INSTA-SPOONT!
:love::eek::love::cop:
It was so crystal-like, so glassy and shimmery. With my own guitar I have to turn on two chorus pedals to get the same wideness and hall-like character.

Some Nasonex and Reactin should help clear that right up. Next?

• Members

Have you noticed how many forumites are discovering the Fender Strat?

Now you need to get one
:cop:

photo-102.jpg

lol shutup! You are right absolutely though, and everyone should properly try out a Strat, they are killer guitars. I love that blue one you got there, looks sweet.

And if I had the cash I'd get one tomorrow. But I'm trying to hold back my GAS by considering putting in a P90 into the middle position with a 5-way selector into my ESP ltd ec-400...

• Members

Have you noticed how many forumites are discovering the Fender Strat?

Now you need to get one
:cop:

photo-102.jpg

i have to say that ive come 'round to Daphne Blue, it looks badass and classic at the same time. Not crazy about that headstock, but thats a real pudy guitfiddle. My favorite and pretty much permanent position on a 5way strat p/u selector is the second position from the bottom. I just love how twank and spank you can get and chords have so many dimensions.

• Members

i'm still partial to the physical dynamics of a tele for single coil spankitude... but man there really isn't a better more accessible flexible tone monster than a good strat for clean sounds.. my issue with 'em certainly doesn't stem from the sounds they can achieve! but man would i love to try one with a stop tailpiece strung up heavy! could change my mind...

• Members

I have an '08 US Standard and it's a {censored}ing balling guitar. Seriously. I have never heard better tones come out of my rig than with this Strat.

Position 4 and 2 are my faves. But the bridge is great as well.

God I love my Strat. Greatest guitar ever.

Dude, you're not kidding. The '08 US Strats are {censored}ing insane. Significant improvement over the previous US Strats :rawk:

• Members

Dude, you're not kidding. The '08 US Strats are {censored}ing insane. Significant improvement over the previous US Strats
:rawk:

I absolutely {censored}ing love mine. It's the greatest guitar I have ever owned, period.

I really like the 22 fret neck. It's quite nice.

• Members

What year is the Sunburst?

'08 and the blue one is an '09. Both are the "new" series with the better saddles, better finish on neck, better hardshell cases, and better trem block.

The Sunburst is a 2 piece, center seam, very well matched body with killer wood grain. Feels so resonant :love: The neck is world class, and was extremely easy to get used to.

Archived