Check out what I did this weekend!!!!

MattACaster

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, the big problem is that plane isn't this...

P51-Mustang%20Roush.jpg

It's cool though... I'll get there....
;)

For the first time in my H-CAF life (a LONG time (longer than this join date)), I'm jealous. Truly. I knew Nancy flew...I remember the plane with the gruesome gristle stuck on it...but then you had to post (what I think is) a P-51.

The pics are GREAT...CONGRATS. Gotta be one of the best feelings in the world...I bet you want to keep upping the ante, a sort of air G.A.S.

P-51 is a great plane, but I've always been in love with this one (the WW II one, sorry best personal pic I have available):

AirShow2009109-1.jpg

• Members
Can get one of these for around 200,000 complete. It's at 70% scale though and using a GM LS6 motor. Would be total bad ass with a Merlin V12.

5.jpg

http://www.legendaryaircraft.com/index.html

Yeah, A guy I know is building one. Cept he's using a race built IO-550. Gonna be ridiculous.

Another guy has a 3/4 scale Mustang all in crates he's getting ready to build. All carbon fiber. He's also putting a race engine in, which is also going to be ridiculous.

Not totally cnvinced on a GM engine, lots of people using car engines in homebuilts end up smoking holes in the ground.

• Members

The pics are GREAT...CONGRATS. Gotta be one of the best feelings in the world...I bet you want to keep upping the ante, a sort of air G.A.S.

Air GAS is the worst gas ever, especially when you decide it's time you wanna buy a plane. {censored}'s so expensive.

Buying a plane that goes
The planes that are worth buying (and flying for x/c use) sit at about 120 g's. :facepalm:

Then every rating, that's expensive too.

PPL-ASEL- 7-9,000
IFR- 6-7,000 (including the required x/c)
PPL-AMEL
ASES
AMES
Complex/High performance
COM
AGI
CFI
CFII
MEI
MEII
ATP

So many options and ways to go.

• Members
For the first time in my H-CAF life (a LONG time (longer than this join date)), I'm jealous. Truly. I knew Nancy flew...I remember the plane with the gruesome gristle stuck on it...but then you had to post (what I think is) a P-51.

P-51 is a great plane, but I've always been in love with this one (the WW II one, sorry best personal pic I have available):

AirShow2009109-1.jpg

Looks like a F-4 corsair. Another bad ass plane.

• Members

Yeah, A guy I know is building one. Cept he's using a race built IO-550. Gonna be ridiculous.

Another guy has a 3/4 scale Mustang all in crates he's getting ready to build. All carbon fiber. He's also putting a race engine in, which is also going to be ridiculous.

Not totally cnvinced on a GM engine, lots of people using car engines in homebuilts end up smoking holes in the ground.

We had one guy in town with one that did just that. They must stall from negative G's or something. Unless their not using fuel injection?

• Members

Engines aren't designed for the use of an airplane. To go from idle to redline over and over and over. To have the engine shockcooled over and over and over and then the fact that the engine is ran at weird rpms.

Car engines almost always end up scattering when put in airplanes. :cry:

• Members
Engines aren't designed for the use of an airplane. To go from idle to redline over and over and over. To have the engine shockcooled over and over and over and then the fact that the engine is ran at weird rpms.

Car engines almost always end up scattering when put in airplanes.
:cry:

I have no need to worry about it. The FAA would never grant me a license to fly, I would end up breaking every law there was.

• Members

I want one of these:

renegade.jpg

or one of these:

NC92210.jpg

I have a whopping 3.5 hours of logged instruction, although I have quite a few more flying in light aircraft. Would love to get my license someday, although I don't really know why. Wpuld like to get back into Civil Air Patrol. Was a cadet way back when.

Archived