Check out what I did this weekend!!!!

MattACaster

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That thing is missing an engine, and the one it has isn't a turbine = fail.

Haha, my brother in law actually owns a plane now, he's been flying ones like those for years, looks like fun.

No, the big problem is that plane isn't this...

P51-Mustang%20Roush.jpg

It's cool though... I'll get there.... ;)

• Members

nice man! have you taken flight lessons or something? for how long

and how expensive are they?

This was the intro flight my g/f got me for my B-Day last year. I think it was $150 for an hour of ground time and an hour of logged flight time.

The next step, in this case, is $400 gets me another 2 hours of ground time and 2 hours of flight. After that, it's $50 /hr for the instructor and $80-160hr depending on what plane I was to go up in.

Doesn't seem too bad if I stretch it out enough. It may take me a year or two to get everything done but I'm in no hurry.

• Members

This was the intro flight my g/f got me for my B-Day last year. I think it was $150 for an hour of ground time and an hour of logged flight time.

The next step, in this case, is $400 gets me another 2 hours of ground time and 2 hours of flight. After that, it's $50 /hr for the instructor and $80-160hr depending on what plane I was to go up in.

Doesn't seem too bad if I stretch it out enough. It may take me a year or two to get everything done but I'm in no hurry.

That actually seems pretty reasonable.

• Members

Sweet. I got my pilot's license years ago, but it's just to expensive to keep up with now that I've got kids. Someday, when I win the lottery and have a ton of free time on my hands, I'll get back into it. I never regret getting my license though. There is no feeling like taking off and landing on your own.

Archived