jet city amplification?

the_woodoo_mule

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
It's a very difficult concept to understand,but I will do my best.

1 whole amp =$299

Various mods "Jet Paks" =$500+

(most of them simple tweaks)

= $800+ 20 watt chinese amp

:facepalm:

But it's modded here at rack systems by lazy Americans.. At least I think they are modded here..

• Members

it is unusual for jet city to market mods, but the prices arent that unusual.

actually kind of sneaky. they have the affordable base model with additional affordable tweaks to get higher performance. similar to a camaro.

• Members

actually kind of sneaky. they have the affordable base model with additional affordable tweaks to get higher performance. similar to a camaro.

I was thinking about cars too - specifically like a BMW M series. The stock version is great, and some people want the "super" version.

Also correct is that a lot of the mod cost is in the labor, and yes they are done at Dave's shop in California.

And... maybe it IS sneaky, but I prefer to think of it as trying to bring value. If you buy a 20H at $300, and send it to Dave, he will mod it for $300. So I made a deal with him - it's $100 less if I ship it to him, you buy it direct, he mods it and ships it. Seems like a win-win-win.

• Members
:facepalm:

But it's modded here at rack systems by lazy Americans.. At least I think they are modded here..

Why have the mods done here?

a)Pay a licensing fee to the Friedman fellow

b)Mike knows how to mod amps -can't be done producton? or Chinese tech do it?

The point is, you bought the amp at great price it should stay that way :idea:

where theres a will....

• Members
Why have the mods done here?

a)Pay a licensing fee to the Friedman fellow

b)Mike knows how to mod amps -can't be done producton? or Chinese tech do it?

The point is, you bought the amp at great price it should stay that way
:idea:

where theres a will....

absolutely we have discussed this. we're going to start where we are, and see how it goes.
if it goes to production, at the factory, it's not a mod, it's another model.

• Members
Thanks for the response!

Yes I understand about the aesthetic continuity with the new grille, it's nice too, but I strongly perfer the other, it makes it look bolder.I already have a cab,

Now what about that kitchen appliance looking power switch??

It detracts from the harmony of the new graphics

The other look is complimentary with it's standby switch.

what happened there? Can I get the regular looking I/O switch?

2wdx1s4.jpg

Red and white grills? Too cool yes offer those!!!

I'm gonna start a Pico Club site it's going to have a cafe racer club style look/feel.LOL or maybe a cute Hello Kitty/Japanes look....OMG you know what you have to do don't you??

ok someone 'shop the amp

I think I'm gonna start a custom paint/graphics for the Pico!

The amp has a great Uni-Sex potential.

The gears are-a-turnin'!

sorry - I missed your point because i was thinking about the original green switch i chose and you might have seen.
you're talking about the | / 0 versus ON / OFF. I actually don't remember where that ended up... need to check on it but I agree with you.

• Members

Oh yeah - MAP / Street. I tend not to talk about MSRP. I think the MI industry should move into the 90's like the consumer electronics industry did, but...

I agree.

I love it when I see a Gibson "ON SALE $2000 off MSRP!" and of course, it's just another $3k LP Custom.

• Members

Unusual? The company is maybe a year old.

No one said the prices were "unusual"

A $14.99 metal mesh grille is an affordable mod yep

Sorry, is that what you think this about??

You had to explain that did you?

I might suggest to you when you don't understand something -when it seems so obvious-Try asking a question :idea:

• Members

Doug...looks like the monkey is out of the barrel and causing trouble:eek::eek:

The simple solution as you and I have talked about is to offer the simple DIY mods. No one wants to hand out the extra $$$ to have someone else do the work if they can for mods that really do not cost very much for parts.

So far the BROWNEYE mods is basically the same thing that BITMO "SURFA" is offering at a very market up price! It is not worth it.... The BITMO is $36.00+S&H. Easy to follow instructions....The only real difference is the values used in the parts. So why not offer a JETPACK DIY OD kit that offer several variation to the mod at an affordable price.

The Choke real simple to install. Offer a JETPACK Choke that you approve of.

Right now I have a total of $127 invested in my JCAH. (Tubes, BITMO and Choke) and all DIY and make a great improvement in the amp. Only thing missing is a Effects LOOP and I am close on that...

I know that you are worried about Legal Liability and Warranty but I am sure that can figured out.

Doug remember that people bought this amp for the performance/price.....it like taking a Pinto and swapping a M5 engine and seat and calling it a Bimmer at Bimmer prices!!!

theDogger

• Members

absolutely we have discussed this. we're going to start where we are, and see how it goes.

if it goes to production, at the factory, it's not a mod, it's another model.

I would GLADLY pay the extra $200 to get a JCA100H from factory with the upgraded trannies. Seems like a no brainer to me. I mean REALLY!!! They say it's the EXACT same amp as the HR100 but with weaker transformers... so... JCA100H plus better transformers from the factory = Soldano HR100 - $1500?!?!

• Members

At least offering DIY JETPACK and Factory JETPACK'ed AMP you will really throwing the blanket of the entire group. The DIY'ers and the ones to lazy to do it themselves! Its a WIN WIN situation!

You also create a new competition that others companies will have to follow or be left behind...

theDogger

• Members
It's a very difficult concept to understand,but I will do my best.

1 whole amp =$299

Various mods "Jet Paks" =$500+

(most of them simple tweaks)

= $800+ 20 watt chinese amp

...Actually Crunchy, I think after reading the past few posts (that came up while I was typing). I think I see what you meant. Mods are overpriced? Sorry for misunderstanding...

I'd agree with the above. Make a DIY Jet Pack option, and still have the pre-installed option to cover everyone.

I think this is a great concept, I don't know why more companies don't do similar options.

For instance, you could offer an amp without tubes for a lower price, because some prefer to put their own tube mixture in anyhow. Or an amp company could pair up with a tube provider, and work out a deal with some tube cocktails (see Jet City and their Comet Jet Pack). :idk: I think Jet City has a great idea here...

Archived