Tell me about Budda Maplifiers

mcr23

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah I'm not saying Budda's cleans are bad, I just have a soft spot for Bad Cat cleans. I don't know what it is, but I just love em.

I dig Budda's cleans too, but I feel like they really get awesome once you start using a little gain.

I however have nowhere near the experience with them as you do Boltino so maybe I'd change my mind with more time playing them.

And yeah I'd say they're definitely on par with Bad Cat stuff from when I've heard/played either of them.

• Members

I'm stopping by GC on the way home tonight, and if they'll match the 15% off M123 deal then I'm bringing one home to try out
:thu:

I won't be gigging this thing, just drunken jamming with friends.

someone in the the other thread just got GC to match the 15% for it. besides, its the same company. i hope they match themselves :freak::lol:

cant wait for the drunken jamz :thu::thu:

• Members

Yeah I'm not saying Budda's cleans are bad, I just have a soft spot for Bad Cat cleans. I don't know what it is, but I just love em.

I dig Budda's cleans too, but I feel like they really get awesome once you start using a little gain.

I however have nowhere near the experience with them as you do Boltino so maybe I'd change my mind with more time playing them.

And yeah I'd say they're definitely on par with Bad Cat stuff from when I've heard/played either of them.

I totally understand. They are definitely a bit different; just a matter of preference really. I 100% agree they sound great with a bit of grit; it really comes alive and swirls in an awesome way. I haven't spent tons of time with Bad Cats so who knows?

I went to play bad cats fully expecting them to be better than my Budda. And they were awesome, but the Budda could definitely hang. Not what I expected with the price difference.

It really is a matter of preference; I'm sure some folks prefer nuances of the Bad Cats over nuances of the Buddas.

:thu:

• Members

Bad cats are a lot like z's to me.... Very very hit or miss tonally. And they do have some unique voicings that you'd either love or hate. Buddah has a Marshall vibe for sure but with more clarity and a little darker... But not as dark as an orange. I haven't heard a buddah clip that I didn't like. Very underrated amps as far as popularity goes.

Btw burgandy... I'm telling u that u have to play the 20 watt peavey. It's 1600 so it may be out of range but I haven't heard a better sounding amp. It's perfect for the vox vibe.

• Members

Does the SD18 have the rectifier select, or do you have to use the tube rectifier? I'm seriously considering ditching my dual rec to get one of these Budda maps.

Just Tube. One cool thing about the pull modern on the drive channel is that that it tightens the drive channel up; it gives you two very different tones/responses. I love both of them!

• Members

Does the SD18 have the rectifier select, or do you have to use the tube rectifier? I'm seriously considering ditching my dual rec to get one of these Budda maps.

if you want SS, you could always get a diode plugin rectifier as long as it has a standby switch-- and if i'm not mistaken-- they all do.

• Members

They sort of have a Bogner vibe going on. Thick and warm, plenty of detail. Mids...they be chewy.

I didn't really get that out of it...to me, its leaning toward the marshall end of things, only the overdrive is a little more rounded...if that makes sense. About as much as "chewy"...I have no idea what that means.

One thing I do know, you have to have your technique together. It has plenty of gain, but is not forgiving at all.

Archived