September 2011 SHOWCASE Thread :: Finished work, videos, career news, BSP, gossip...

blue2blue

• Members

No news too trivial, no bragging right too small. Whether your latest triumph was a multi-album deal or a good night at your local open mic -- there's room to talk about it here... :)

Here's this month's Official Showcase Thread where you can post your completed projects, links to finished works (even old ones) you want your pals here in the SW forum to hear, promo videos, covers of other people's songs, or just generally shameless self-hype that you're far too professional and courteous to post in the main forum.

wBsHwf1FNBQ

POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

:)

previous showcase threads

August 2011

July 2011

June 2011

May 2011

April 2011

March 2011

February 2011

January 2011

December 2010

November 2010

October 2010

September 2010

August 2010

July 2010

June 2010

May 2010

April 2010

March 2010

February 2010

January 2010

December 2009

November 2009

October 2009

September 2009

August 2009

July 2009 [no posts]

June 2009

May 2009

April 2009

March 2009

February 2009

January 2009

December 2008

November 2008

October 2008

More on the Songwriting Forum Monthly Showcase

• Members

I'll be plugging this until next month. My old band will be reuniting in October in the Philadelphia area. This is the first time in 10 years the original line-up is getting back together. Blues-rock type of material... of note, our guitarist/singer won the International Blues Challenge in 2008 with his current band and was voted the Albert King Best Guitarist Award. He's been playing all over the world... we actually have to fly him in for this show. Definitely a must see.

posteryp.jpg

[video=youtube;zZg4yvdzu8M]

• Members

That cat can play.

The band is really tight. The blues vibe is absolutely right on target.

And
check out the sideburns
on the guy behind the Hammond!

LCK

Yeah... this may fall under the 'post your embarrassing stuff' category.

• Members

Not to flood the board with attention-whoring propoganda... but I just found this raw footage and had forgotten how cool it was...

Great performance all round. A couple of questions :

When was that?

Did you write the song? I know it's derived from St James Infirmary, but did the band come up with the arrangement?

• Moderators

Get me a plane ticket and i will be right there!!!
;)

You could always stow away on a cargo ship.

Suggested Itinerary:

Hitchhike to the Port of Barrow. Please bring your instruments. Unwieldy but worth it. Ask around for a cargo ship bound for the Delaware Bay, USA. Tell them you're writing a report for a college project. Don't know your age but pretend you're 19. Wink, wink. Once the sun drops, covertly climb aboard via grappling hook and line (don't forget the guitars etc.). I assume you've seen a least a couple Bond flicks? Once you've reached Delaware Bay, you'll need to inflate your raft. Oh yeah, bring one of those cool secret agenty inflatables too. Now, you'll need to paddle up the bay to Philadelphia. It's a ways but you're 19, remember? Focus! OK. Enjoy the show. When you get to California, well, North Coast San Diego really, you know, specifically Encinitas, ring me and I'll pick you up if you're relatively close. Hey, I'm pretty busy. But you know, since you're in the neighbor and all, by all means stop by. Looking forward to this. :thu:

• Members

You could always stow away on a cargo ship.

Suggested Itinerary:

Hitchhike to the Port of Barrow. Please bring your instruments. Unwieldy but worth it. Ask around for a cargo ship bound for the Delaware Bay, USA. Tell them you're writing a report for a college project. Don't know your age but pretend you're 19. Wink, wink. Once the sun drops, covertly climb aboard via grappling hook and line (don't forget the guitars etc.). I assume you've seen a least a couple Bond flicks? Once you've reached Delaware Bay, you'll need to inflate your raft. Oh yeah, bring one of those cool secret agenty inflatables too. Now, you'll need to paddle up the bay to Philadelphia. It's a ways but you're 19, remember?
Focus!
OK. Enjoy the show. When you get to California, well, North Coast San Diego really, you know, specifically Encinitas, ring me and I'll pick you up if you're relatively close. Hey, I'm pretty busy. But you know, since you're in the neighbor and all, by all means stop by. Looking forward to this.
:thu:

Thanks for the advice Lee

Im still liking the fundraising option....but its always nice to have a plan B.

• Members

How much would a trip for Stickboy cost? Think about it... he could do a tour of the States if we had enough people dispersed throughout the country where he could crash for free.

Any high-rollers up in here?

He'd probably have more luck than myself, but I just had an unsuccessful kickstarter campaign to record an album and didn't see any contributions from SW forumites

Archived