Best Mesa sound-->On a modeller?

thunder100

• Members

Hi

I have a small array of amps .Basically happy ,apart that all the SS Mesa sound models are soso.

Apart the ones I have what would be best Mesa modeller apart a real Mesa(too loud)??

I have

Tech21 Trademark 10

Roland Cube 30X

Line 6 SpiderJam-->latest upgrade

Also a pedal would be OK

Thanks for Help

Roland

• Members

I also have a Tech 21 TM 10 and I use a POD XT in the effects loop with the Metal Pack and the Big Bottom amp model. That, to me gets a usable Mesa Triple Rectifier type tone.

The Vetta will get you usable models also but having owned one, I found it to be a PIA to set up right and I was constantly tweaking the models. Also Line 6 has completely dropped the ball on this amp and has stated that they are no longer supporting it.

I'm now considering a Blackstar HT-5 with a Boost in front. Mark IV combos around where I live sell for $1,100 at best used.

• Members

Completely stupid question

If I use a Mesa/Boogie Rectifier Recording Preamp and a small tube power amp,would this bring me there?

Or will the Mesa with 6 12 AX7 smoke any tiny tube amp?

Roland

It is a preamp, you can use it into any power amp you wish.

Stick it in the effects return of one of your other amps, or get a dedicated power amp. Remember that a small power amp through a small speaker cabinet may not give you the sound you`re looking for.

One of the reasons for getting a high-powered head and a 4x12 is the sheer sound pressure you create. You may have a problem with doing the same with a Recto preamp, and let`s say, your TM 10.

You`ll get sound, though. Probably pretty useful ones as well. But they will not sound like a Recto and a 4x12 with the volume up.

Archived