Question about pots...

tws!

• Members

Teflon and non stick is bad news, especially if you have a dip{censored} roommate that doesn't understand how to use them (as I did).

You can't use metal utensils, only wood or that {censored} will eventually chip.

Also, the easiest way to tell if you have nice pots or not is if it has "All Clad" on the label/pot handles or not.

Just go here, everything here is pwn.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop/cookware/cookware-all-clad/?cm_type=lnav

• Members

Teflon and non stick is bad news, especially if you have a dip{censored} roommate that doesn't understand how to use them (as I did).

You can't use metal utensils, only wood or that {censored} will eventually chip.

Also, the easiest way to tell if you have nice pots or not is if it has "All Clad" on the label/pot handles or not.

Just go here, everything here is pwn.

My roommates are dip{censored}s and I have to continually tell them not to use metal on teflon and also how to do laundry etc. Overbearing parenting ftl.

• Members

You can use nylon utensils as well, they're softer than plastic so they won't chip the coating.

I had to train my wife how to use them without destroying them. She thought I was crazy.

So much stuff to remember: Preheat before using, no salt before it's hot, no lemon-based or lemon-scented dish soap, don't submerge them in water for more than a few seconds, don't put the burners on "high," cook everything a couple notches lower than usual, soft side of the sponge only, use less oil, etc etc etc.

If you can get past all that they're totally worth it. You don't have to worry about food sticking, and cleaning them takes seconds.

• Members

You can use nylon utensils as well, they're softer than plastic so they won't chip the coating.

I had to train my wife how to use them without destroying them. She thought I was crazy.

So much stuff to remember: Preheat before using, no salt before it's hot, no lemon-based or lemon-scented dish soap, don't submerge them in water for more than a few seconds, don't put the burners on "high," cook everything a couple notches lower than usual, soft side of the sponge only, use less oil, etc etc etc.

If you can get past all that they're totally worth it. You don't have to worry about food sticking, and cleaning them takes seconds.

WAYYYY too many rules for me. I just do what I have to do, and it'll last as long as it can. I'll use the plastic/wooden {censored} on it, but thats as far as I go.

-D

• Members

I never have a problem w/o non-stick pans. Never had an issue with sticking once I learned what I was doing.

Get a couple pots, and buy a REAL NICE/QUALITY cast iron skillet. My mom has a set that are close to 110 years old. Passed down over generations.

imo, non-stick pans are for noobs trying to learn. Like a crate combo. Very forgiving. Once you get the craft down, stainless is teh secks.

• Members

I never have a problem w/o non-stick pans. Never had an issue with sticking once I learned what I was doing.

Get a couple pots, and buy a REAL NICE/QUALITY cast iron skillet. My mom has a set that are close to 110 years old. Passed down over generations.

imo, non-stick pans are for noobs trying to learn. Like a crate combo. Very forgiving. Once you get the craft down, stainless is teh secks.

I am skilled at the art of the microwave, and thats pretty much all I need to know :D

Archived