SOT: BG Pups - Do you has? :poke:

mcr23

• Members

I gave him a description of what I want.

This is the thing to do. Bryan will work with you and custom wind exactly what you're looking for, which is awesome in and of itself. On top of this, his prices are really good.

I had him wind me up a custom set of P90s a while back, and have been very happy with 'em. I've heard great things about BKs, but at that price point there's no way.

• Members

This was Bryan's reponse:

I'd would go with my PUF set for the tones you are after.

They use A4 magnets which I find have the best qualities of A5 and A2.

They have great vintage PAF styled tone that works great in LPs and SGs."

I'm now offically :confused:

• Members

This was Bryan's reponse:

I'm now offically
:confused:

He is referring to the different Alnico magnets that could be used. There is a difference. If it were me and I was confused I would ask him to explain it in different terms. That aside, he knows his {censored}.

Also I believe Slash prefers a more vintage low output pup

• Members

Haha I'm trying to choose a set of BG pups too...so many options and they all sound great
:p

I have received a lot of pickups from Bryan and none have disappointed. Like I said, I put BG pickups in all guitars I build (unless client insists otherwise).

I have sold more than a few Hellabuckers just by having clients A/B their guitars and mine.

• Members

I have received a lot of pickups from Bryan and none have disappointed. Like I said, I put BG pickups in all guitars I build (unless client insists otherwise).

I have sold more than a few Hellabuckers just by having clients A/B their guitars and mine.

Have you A/Bd the Lizard and PUFs in the neck?

What bridge pups do you use?

Archived