I took the plunge!...Axe-fx

CFC

• Members

Pods don't cost upwards of 1600 dollars.

And I know they'll be around, it's a good piece of equipment. I'm talking about the hype. talking about those fools that sell off all their gear to replace it with just this.

Most folks who sell all their gear to replace it with the Axe do it after they hear the Axe live for awhile and realize they no longer need to lug around huge dinosaurs when they can just use this. :)

• Members

Pods don't cost upwards of 1600 dollars.

And I know they'll be around, it's a good piece of equipment. I'm talking about the hype. talking about those fools that sell off all their gear to replace it with just this.

Sounds like a lot of assumptions and not a lot of experience :thu:

• Members

Man, you {censored}ers are making me want to buy an Axe-FX again. I just talked myself out of it and bought this Blackmore. How good does the Engl amp sim sound?

you have to use the soldano SLO sim to get the engl blackmore sound in the axe-fx

not the engl sim itself

• Members

not a fan of the axe-fx. i think it's just one big craze going on right now. will be gone soon just like every other new modeler

Highly doubt it until something else of equal technology comes out. The Axe is in a whole 'nother league as far as modelers go. So much more potential and variance to anything like it on the market right now. It has tricked MANY people in blind tests to thinking it was a tube amp of some sort. Most modelers you know right away the second you hear it. I still don't know how the axe manages to capture that warmth of tube tone.

However, in most axe clips, while sounding very much like a tube amp, I can usually always tell it's an axe. Something about the high-end. I still can't place it, or even describe it. Still, I think it'll be around for quite some time. Being able to do virtually any tone imaginable in one unit, and do it good, is priceless imo. I've yet to play one, but I'm literally dying to get just ONE day to sit down and tweak until my brain hurts. I really want to experience how the axe "feels" to play. The dynamics.

• Members

ugh another snax fx argument.

It is NOT a line 6.

It is NOT a "real" tube amp.

People need to stop pretending its one or the other. It isn't the end of all amplifiers and it isn't crappy SS modeling. It's a very complicated processor that emulates amps a certain way. And a lot of people love its emulations and abilities in sheer versatility.

It is what it is and I think it is great if you examine it in individuality instead of constant comparison.

Archived