NAD X 2.... Been a LONG Time.

Chrisjd

• Members

Wow. Haven't had a NAD in probably 6 months.

I just got my Marshall 2203KK and VHT 100 CL in. Let me start by saying, Shane159 was a pleasure to work with, and shipped the marshall better than I have seen any amp shipped before.:thu:

So, that Marshall 2203KK. This amp, is simple and awesome. I was playing around with it without the beast mode engaged and without a boost. I really like some of the classic growl I am getting out of this thing. It is extremely responsive with a nice woody bark. Activate the beast mode and throw a boost up front, and this amp gets ridiculously heavy. Easily hangs with any other amp, but without that overly-modern saturation. I like this one through my marshall cab with 30s and splawn cab with h30s..

Amp number two, is the VHT/Fryette 100 CL. I have played the UL many times, and while I like it, I MUCH prefer the 100 CL. The dynamics seem better and it has more of that woodiness that I love. This amp, so far, might be my holy grail, as I am REALLY liking what I am hearing from it. The harmonics on this amp are second to none, it has that ultra-lush sparkle/shimmer/swirl. Single notes are CRISP and fizz-less. I like this one through my marshall cab with 30s.

I am in LOVE, both amps are delicious...

DSCF1586.jpg

DSCF1588.jpg

DSCF1587.jpg

DSCF1589.jpg

DSCF1590.jpg

Archived