medal of honor recipient ordered to remove his flagpole

noseminer

• Members

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/article/POLEGAT02_20091202-091201/309031/

wtf

in case you dont want to read the article:

90yr old vet of ww2, korean war, and viet nam who recieved the medal of honor for being a total badass in ww2, has his home owner's association ordering him to remove his flagpole from his yard and they are taking legal action to have him remove it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/article/POLEGAT02_20091202-091201/309031/

wtf

in case you dont want to read the article:

90yr old vet of ww2, korean war, and viet nam who recieved the medal of honor for being a total badass in ww2, has his home owner's association ordering him to remove his flagpole from his yard and they are taking legal action to have him remove it.

When you sign a contract, you live by the letter. That's that.

If you want to live in an area with a bunch of anal retentive {censored}tards who try to squelch every bit of individualism and uniqueness from their little cul de sac, all because you don't want kids cars in the street, college team banners in the yard, cool interesting paint jobs on the houses, or to allow people to keep their business vehicles in their yards, then you reap what you sow. :wave:

• Members
When you sign a contract, you live by the letter. That's that.

If you want to live in an area with a bunch of anal retentive {censored}tards who try to squelch every bit of individualism and uniqueness from their little cul de sac, all because you don't want kids cars in the street, college team banners in the yard, cool interesting paint jobs on the houses, or to allow people to keep their business vehicles in their yards, then you reap what you sow.
:wave:

^^^^^^^

That

• Members

There is no provision in the community's rules expressly forbidding flagpoles, Barfoot's daughter said. But she said the board ruled against her father's fixture and ordered it removed in July, deciding that free-standing flag poles are not aesthetically appropriate. Short flag stands attached to porches dot the community.

It's not about the flag, it's about the fact that he broke the rules.

I still think it's bull{censored}, but that's why I choose to live in a neighborhood without a governing "association".

• Members

I'd be willing to bet that he wouldn't stand for someone
else
breaking the rules by parking on the street overnight or letting their grass get 1/4" too long.

{censored}ing overnight parkers.

And {censored} Obama too.

:poke:

• Members
This is why I hate HAOs.
:mad:

High altitude observatories? Or do you mean HOA :o

There are three options, home owner's associations (see: houston), strict zoning regulations (see: Portland) or absolutely nothing, in which everything looks like {censored} and property values suck and people can do things that make your property worse, like blocking out all available sunlight with ridiculous crap. Take your pick :idk:

• Members
High altitude observatories? Or do you mean HOA
:o

There are three options, home owner's associations (see: houston), strict zoning regulations (see: Portland) or absolutely nothing, in which everything looks like {censored} and property values suck and people can do things that make your property worse, like blocking out all available sunlight with ridiculous crap. Take your pick
:idk:

Of course I meant High Altitude Observatories. Non-sequitur? Sure. But I'm terrified of heights!!! :eek:

Archived