I love Nirvana's live tone...

MattACaster

• Members

Bought the new Live at Reading DVD yesterday and was watching it last night. God I love the tone!!! Listen to that midrange!!! :love::love:

And now I have massive HH Jaguar GAS... :thu:

Flame away!!!!:mad:

(Youtube videos don't really do it justice. It sounded massive on my 5.1 system!!!)

rwvpaXXG34A

pFUCJLq22Vw

an92P4KNu4g

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah.... a fuxx box and a marshall... great tone... :rolleyes: I wish I could like this band, I really do... they were just soooo terrible though :idk:

b3m6oLtz9wc

Good riddance if you ask me. The man did nothing but perpetuate and entire generations self loathing and substance abuse all while watching his friends die from the same drugs that nearly killed him over and over.

Yeah, I'm judging. Deal with it. :mad:

-Curtis

• Members

Good riddance if you ask me. The man did nothing but perpetuate and entire generations self loathing and substance abuse all while watching his friends die from the same drugs that nearly killed him over and over.

Yeah, I'm judging. Deal with it.
:mad:

-Curtis

Boss DS-1 or DS-2 -> EHX Small Clone -> Mesa Studio Pre -> Crown Power Amps -> Marshall 4x12s

• Members

It's fun to hate on Nirvana, but they were a kickass band.

And really, "perpetuate and entire generations self loathing and substance abuse" could be said about too many bands. Or as Bart says on The Simpsons, "Making teenagers depressed is like shooting fish in a barrel."

• Members

+1, I was going to say the same thing.

not a fuzz to be found, and only the cabs were Marshall.
:thu:

BTW, he switched to Crest power amps b/c the crowns blew up, apparently.
:thu:

Meh. Doesn't change the fact that his tone sucked donkey dicks.

I NEVER liked Nirvana, I am a part of the generation... Pearl Jam and Soundgarden, (hell, even Temple of the Dog,) on the other hand :cop:

-Curtis

• Members

Yeah, I'm judging. Deal with it.
:mad:

-Curtis

I agree on social aspects of Nirvana but that tone is :love:

• Members

Regardless of your feelings on cobain, I think we can all agree that one positive thing about Nirvana was Dave Grohl becoming a famous musician. :idk:

I {censored}ing love pretty much everything that guy touches and he seems like a pretty {censored}ing cool dude as well. We need more Dave Grohls in music nowadays.

• Members

i think you can appreciate the midrange even more on the CD. i've been enjoying it quite a bit the past couple of days.

Dave Grohl should really stick to playing drums. He really stands out in the whole live CD

Dave Grohl could play a kazoo and people would dig it.

The man's a consummate musician.

• Members

Regardless of your feelings on cobain, I think we can all agree that one positive thing about Nirvana was Dave Grohl becoming a famous musician.
:idk:

I {censored}ing love pretty much everything that guy touches and he seems like a pretty {censored}ing cool dude as well. We need more Dave Grohls in music nowadays.

Come to think of it... Dave Grohl probably killed Kurt just to save all of humanity from the atrocious nonsense he was spewing all over the place.

That's how nice of a guy Dave Grohl is. The fact he's a great musician is just a lovely side note.

-curtis

• Members

Regardless of your feelings on cobain, I think we can all agree that one positive thing about Nirvana was Dave Grohl becoming a famous musician.

I was with the Foo Fighters up to Color and the Shape. After that they lost me. :idk:

• Members

I was with the Foo Fighters up to Color and the Shape. After that they lost me.

While I don't dig every song, I pretty much always dig something that they're doing.

I just find Grohls songwriting to be really cool, in that its very emotionally effective and he has his own kind of style. Like when I hear a song he wrote, I hear that he's a drummer turned guitarist in that he approaches things differently.

Even the worst Foo Fighters songs are still better than 99% of radio rock these days. :idk:

Archived