WTF is goin on (Gibson SG issues)

Jcm800_6550

• Members

ok i just baught a new sg and it sounded great at first, then i started paying more attaention and i think gibson put the neck pickup in the bridge and the bridge in the neck because my neck pickup seems ALOT hotter than my bridge and my bridge pickup is all the way up and my neck pickup is lower ,has this ever happened to anyone and could this could have actually happened.

also the neck is buzzy for frets 1-10 then on 12-22 it has no cut atall and is really smooth and has no grit, whats goin on?? truss rod adjustment?:confused:

Thanks so much for any replies im just trying to figure out what could be wrong with it before i bring it back to be fixed.:wave:

• Members

crap i made this in amp forums...

Its okay we all make mistakes sometime. Its just part of the human system to not be perfect, but to make mistakes. But as long as we learn from these mistakes its okay that we made them. Remeber, the only real mistake is the mistake that you didn't learn from.

• Members

Eh...I don't think it's truss rod, although it could be a combination of that and your nut but I think it's mainly your nut is the problem. It could very well be that the pups were swapped. Hell I did it on my VB-400 because it just plain sounded better. Take off those four screws in the mounting rings and take a peek at the understand and see what's stamped.

• Members

Basically I am 14 so I can do whatever I want on the internet because no one can tell me NOT to do it. People don't expect me to act like a mature adult because I am not a mature adult.

For example, only a mod can MAKE me not call someone a troll (either by editting my post or banning me), so I can call anyone I want a troll.

You guys do the same thing except you do it to be a douche and I do it to get even.

• Members

Basically I am 14 so I can do whatever I want on the internet because no one can tell me NOT to do it. People don't expect me to act like a mature adult because I am not a mature adult.

It's not about being a mature adult (it is the internet and some that are mature don't act it) but even at 14 most know how to act properly and not use their age as a excuse. It's not like you are 3 years old and don't know the difference so I wouldn't start yelling about being 14 as a reason for certain behavior.

• Members
ok i just baught a new sg and it sounded great at first, then i started paying more attaention and i think gibson put the neck pickup in the bridge and the bridge in the neck because my neck pickup seems ALOT hotter than my bridge and my bridge pickup is all the way up and my neck pickup is lower ,has this ever happened to anyone and could this could have actually happened.

also the neck is buzzy for frets 1-10 then on 12-22 it has no cut atall and is really smooth and has no grit, whats goin on?? truss rod adjustment?
:confused:

Thanks so much for any replies im just trying to figure out what could be wrong with it before i bring it back to be fixed.
:wave:

The store should have accurately set the guitar up prior to purchase. As for the pickups, I would say it's POSSIBLE the bridge and neck pickups were switched. If you have access to an ohmmeter you can easily check their output level. Switching them should be fairly easy if that's the case.

Archived