I'm sure this is old but this is how low ballers and hecklers...

nerol1st

• Members

Lulz.

Kinda reminds me of what I pulled with some asshat, only funnier.

I had a guitar on CL. Had it priced pretty low, wanting it to move quick. $100 for a Samick Artist with a FR. Some dude emails me and gave me his number. Said call him, he wanted it. I called, he asked general questions about it, and offered me $80 because "he lived 2 hours away and gas is expensive now." I told him I would meet him halfway for full price, since it is priced reasonably. He then said he wanted to drive to my house to pick it up if I would take $80 for it. I told him no. End of conversation.

A few days later, he emailed me and said he would trade a Crown power amp which sells on Ebay for $2-300, a Marshall 30W practice amp, and $50 for the guitar, but he wanted to meet halfway and at a Walmart or someplace similar. Knowing there was something fishy, I told him I had sold the guitar for my asking price, but I had an Epiphone Strat copy which played just like it (when it played like {censored}), but the pickups and wiring would cost him an extra $25, and I would drive to his house.

Never heard from him again.

Archived