"It's a Matter of Pride" Phase 2! (w/band)

Lee Knight

• Moderators

Holy Crap. This sounds amazing.

There he is!!!!! Any thought on just leaving the rhythm guitar? Or did you have any luck with a redo? Any progress on Dobro?

Funny enough, I'm sort of digging the guitar as is. It almost has the fuction of a funky loop. It's MP3 origin kind of works here. But... if you have another take, let's try that too.

So, where you at Mr. Rhino? Got any Dobro magic? I'm ready if you are...

• Members

There he is!!!!! Any thought on just leaving the rhythm guitar? Or did you have any luck with a redo? Any progress on Dobro?

Funny enough, I'm sort of digging the guitar as is. It almost has the fuction of a funky loop. It's MP3 origin kind of works here. But... if you have another take, let's try that too.

So, where you at Mr. Rhino? Got any Dobro magic? I'm ready if you are...

I just pm'd you.

Long story short, I was in New Orleans from Thursday till Monday and didn't get it done yet. I should have jumped on HC to let you know the situation.

I like the guitar as is, in part because of all the stretching and pulling you did on it. I think it is amazing that you could take that crappy phone recording and turn it into this. Still, I'd like to take another shot at it, just to see what happens.

The piano and vocals sound really great.

• Moderators

That's a fantastic song Lee Knight! Are you from Kentucky too? The song is about the feud in Harlan, right?

Hey thanks. No, not from Kentucky, from San Diego. I'm just totally fascinated by the roots of that early feuding. I'm a nut for the topic. But yeah... that's the Turner-Howard Feud in Harlan. I was born in Virginia and grew up hearing all kinds of lore from the Civil War. Just a fascination of mine.

And then last night the History Channel airs Part 1 of the new miniseries Hatfields & McCoys. Awesome so far.

Archived