Key Change?

Lee Knight

• Members

OK, I expect to hear some III/VI subdominants and the like in the changes.

I like 'company loved her misery', 'bare feet and an evening gown' they seem like strong verse endings. The fourth verse doesn't resonate as well for me.

Overall, though, this is overdriven, man, I mean, its saturated.

• Moderators

It's just stream of babble nonsense that most likely won't be developed but thought I'd see where it took me.

Saturated and overdriven! :)

Yeah, the 4th verse of drugs and booze was just a means of showing where she's come from. It probably hogs the spolight with its attention grabbing subject matter, carrying too much weight.

• Members

You should run this by some non-musicians to see how "key change" resonates--I really have no frame of reference for how that plays with civilians. I was also under the impression that Chivas Regal was a high-end drink, but I'm not much of a drinker.

There's a lot of amazing lines throughout, tho--company loved her misery, bare feet and an evening gown, etc. If you're going to throw this out, be sure to strip it for parts beforehand.

• Moderators

You should run this by some non-musicians to see how "key change" resonates--I really have no frame of reference for how that plays with civilians. I was also under the impression that Chivas Regal was a high-end drink, but I'm not much of a drinker.

There's a lot of amazing lines throughout, tho--company loved her misery, bare feet and an evening gown, etc. If you're going to throw this out, be sure to strip it for parts beforehand.

Stripped for parts. :):thu:

Archived